Poor little chinnie!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Poor little chinnie!!

So, I was at work yesterday and I was called to the small animal room.

I went in there and one of my managers and a gentleman were walking towards there, too. I asked what was in the box and he said "chinchillas." I naturally started smiling.

Well, two out of the three we took. The other one was pretty messed up. He had a big gash on his back. I felt horrible. We couldn't take him for that fact. He asked what he should do, and we all told him to take the poor sweetie to the vet. Then he wanted to know how much it was going to cost him! I then proceeded to tell him to take him to a shelter out here, as they have a vet clinic right there and chins don't stay long at shelters. Again, he was concerned about the price.

Wouldn't a chinchilla owner be at least upset that he has to give them up? That the chinchilla is hurt? He didn't seem the least upset.

Had I thought of it sooner, I would have told the guy to just give me the chin and I'll get him to a vet and keep him! I think my hubby would have said ok to me getting him.

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 11:36 AM
Kansas City Chinchillas

Poor chin, bad owner.

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

awww poor chinnie

I agree bad bad bad chinnie owner

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 02:31 PM
Adolescent Pup

My question is, how did the little guy get that way?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Yeah...thats what I was thinking too...and why wasnt he sad about it? Some people are just heartless...

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

The only thing I can think of is he had too many chins in one cage and he was attacked.

I really can't think of any other possible explanation.

I e-mailed the shelter to see if he was brought in or not. I do hope he at least did the right thing and took him there to be safe. But, I'm probably just dreaming, because quite honestly? The guy looked like scum.

Karen

[

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 08:10 AM
Irregular and Proud!

Bad owner! No raisin!

Poor chinnie. Hopefully, he will find a better place.

Patti

Back in NC again! (Army wife and proud!)
Chinnies: Maureen, Max, and Muad'Dib
Cats: Daphne (who says, I only play with mousie toys with a string tail and a bell.)
And introducing: Tasselhof and Kittira (Hubbie's childhood cats, who are 10 and 9 repectively)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Proud New Mommy

Some people are just so shallow. I wish ONLY people that could take care of animals and CARE about them should have them. Not people like that. That's aweful.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau

Tags
vet clinic