possible mating? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Beanie Fanatics Anonymous Member

possible mating?

Alright, today I put the chins in their playpen. And they were playing like always but Ping jumped on Indy. I thought they were just playing but it looked like they were mating. She usually barks at him when he gets too close, but today she just sat there. How will I know if she is pregnant?
Well after they were "playing" I put Ping in Indy's cage to see if they would get along in there. Normally she attacks him, but they are getting along good.
When I picked up Indy her back end was all wet and her fur was messed up. And as for Ping's area, it was covered with black fur. And I know I'm supposed to check for hair rings, but I really don't know what to do.
Anyways I took some pictures when they were playing, and some when they were mating(I think). So if you guys want to see them I will post some.
Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I Love You Logan & Cledus!!!

Logan Indy Ping-Pong Pinkerton Gissa Cledus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 09:54 AM
Kansas City Chinchillas

Sounds like you might want have kits in 111 days.

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 11:10 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Sounds like mating to me

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 12:40 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Sounds like it to me too. You will want to check the male for a hair ring in the next day or so - my boys can never seem to get all the fur completely off.

http://spoiledchins.net/hairring.htm

That will probably be very helpful if you've not done it before.

Stephanie

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Well I guess I better go check him. I'm so excited! I just hope I'm not getting my hopes up for nothing.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 07:54 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

mark your calender for 111 days....the anticipation might kill you though

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

I already have, November 17th!
Are there any signs that will scream pregnant?
As for Ping and the hair rings. I looked and there wasen't a ring, but just a clump of black fur from Indy. It came right off.
I'm just so excited!!!

Last edited by lylwhitetiger; 07-31-2004 at 10:22 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 10:57 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

My chinnies never mated, and in the end I'm glad they didn't. Eve never grew to be very big. She was the wrong size to bear babies. Perhaps she knew this. She would attack Jax if he attempted to mate with her. She would let him cuddle up to her though.

They were happy so I was happy.

One day I hope to own Chinnies again, and I hope to acquire a pair of chinnies that are good quality, breeding stock, and who actually LIKE eachother in that special kind of way. For now, I'll just sit back and watch you guys share photos of your lovelies as they grow in size, and enjoy the newborn pics, and the updates of the kits and their growth, etc.

I can't wait to hear if Indy is pregnant! I wonder how long before it's positive she is? I suppose a good sign is when she starts looking like the GoodYear Blimp.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
I can't wait to hear if Indy is pregnant! I wonder how long before it's positive she is? I suppose a good sign is when she starts looking like the GoodYear Blimp.
That's what I would like to know!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
That's what I would like to know! I mean know will I KNOW for sure??