Praline is a spoiled BRAT! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Arrow Praline is a spoiled BRAT!

It was five am. I was laying in bed, tossing and turning. One side to the other, trying to sleep. Five thirty rolled around. Finally, I was starting to drift off into dreamland.

Then I heard it. I slowly stirred back to reality. Wait, what was it? Praline. She was shaking the bars of her cage, wanting to play. It was 5:34am and she wanted to play. So I said in a loud voice, hoping to distract her, "Praline! Stop!"

It distracted her. For about 10 seconds. I did it again. Even resorted to whistling, running my fingers along the heaboard, and snapping my fingers. 10 seconds was all any of these bought me.

So finally I got up and got the Phooey spray (similar to bitter apple but works better) and sprayed it on the bars she was chewing on. That deterred her. So I got back into bed and rolled over, trying once again to sleep.

But it didn't stop her. Instead, she picked up a wooden chew block and dragged it over to the spot I just sprayed. I could just see the conniving look on her face. She dragged that block back and forth across the bars repeatedly. Back and forth. Back and forth.

So I gave in. By this time it was 5:58am. I got up and opened the cage. Below in the pic is all she wanted. And she let me do it, alternating sides and behind ears, for 5 minutes.

Yep. Spoiled brat.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 02:38 PM

lol..... wonder how she got so spoiled.....
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 02:53 PM

Mama is a sucker!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Mama needed SLEEP!

Stephanie

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 03:33 PM

awww! how cute! I amagine her running the wooden block around the bars like a prisoner with a tin cup like in movies lol. Too cute!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 03:35 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Awww! Jade! That story was so cute!

Praline's got you wrapped around her cute little paw!

-Mallory

Last edited by Ms.Redd; 09-16-2003 at 03:38 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 04:06 PM

LOL, She's got you trained! I love that chin stratches look too, that is adorable!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 05:13 PM

Awww she wanted momma attention and she got it
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 07:34 PM
Proud New Mommy

LOLOL!!!! Jade!!! Im so sorry!! I know thats got to be annoying when you first wake up, but c'mon- you gotta just eat up how much she loves you!!

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 02:23 AM

GAWD that is so **** cute!!!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 02:59 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Jade you KNEW she was gonna steal your heart before you even got her home!! Praline = 1, mama = 0
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 09:25 PM
Fertile Myrtle

Now I know one of the reasons I gave my chins to you! Ryland keeps me up enough!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2003, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

You can come chin-sit and I'll baby sit one night. Just detach your breasts and we'll be good to go! (Ry still refusing a bottle?)

Stephanie