Praline wants to be a spinster. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Unhappy Praline wants to be a spinster.

I was hoping to pair up Praline and Aston while Audi nursed and weaned the babies, but I'm not having much luck.

They're fine in the carrier during the first 'smush' period, but once I put them into Aston's cage, it's full on chasing, fur slipping and nastiness. I've always used vanilla for my intros but bought some Vicks since this one wasn't going well - didn't make one bit of difference.

I've swapped bedding so each could get used to the other's scent, put Aston in his cage in front of Praline's cage for several days, dusted them together, ... everything I can think of.

I'm about ready to give up on them!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 12:45 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Awww, that's too bad.

Try telling Aston that he needs to sweet talk Praline... that usually works with girls!

~ Jodi ~

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Proud New Mommy

Aww, I'm sorry. Do you have a little cage you could put Praline or Aston in to sit inside the other's cage? Or do you think toes would get bitten...

I hope they get along! They would make an awesome couple.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I don't have a cage small enough to do that. I wish I had a show cage, it'd be perfect.

What kills me is that they used to behave so well together!! They were big time into cuddling. I really didn't expect to have this much of a problem with them. Attached is a pic of them in March, the perfect couple.

Silly as it sounds, I have to wonder if Praline's mad at him for being with Audi.

Stephanie

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 01:05 PM
Proud New Mommy

Errrr!! They are adorable together.
I have a small cage! lol.. Too bad we didn't live closer.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

awwww Poor Steph.

I bet she is mad. I think chins are smarter than we give them credit for.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aww, I'm sorry it's not going well. Maybe she's just having an off week

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

You should encourage Aston to send Praline flowers. That usually works for me! I hope they are able to rekindle that old flame soon. Good luck!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 04:51 PM

Awww, I have a cage we use for introductions but am to far away to get it to you.

I had a lady tell me a few months ago that she had used Old Spice after shave to get a pair together, not sure if I am willing to try that one though.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Hmmm....Steph, maybe you could borrow a show cage from Ann on Saturday...just a thought

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at