Praline's wound - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Unhappy Praline's wound

Here's a picture of the wound. I put a penny next to it for size relativity.

For anyone who missed what happened, click here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wound6-17-05.jpg (48.0 KB, 42 views)

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 01:22 AM
Adolescent Pup

Oh Steph that's horrible!!! The poor baby!!! she's gotta be hurtin!!
I hope she heals fast for you!!!

~Misty~

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 02:03 AM
Part of the Pack

Awww poor girl.. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 03:13 AM
Adolescent Pup

Ouch, that looks like it hurts, i hope that it heals up nice and quick . Ive only had my chin for 3 weeks and i am already nervous that he is going to injure himself what with all the bouncing, running, spinning and hopping he does. It seems like hes always doing some sort of daredevil trick i guess most chins are like that?

Lois Isabel

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 03:28 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Poor girl.
Hope she gets better soon.
Did she just have to have stitches?

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge

Last edited by ninja_smurtles; 06-18-2005 at 03:30 AM.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

She had to have subcutaneous (under the skin) stitches and the top layer is held together with tissue glue, Sheryl. I still don't know what happened. My best guess is the PVC pipe.

This morning it's a bit more red and inflamed, but that's to be expected after that much trauma. She pooped up a storm at the office yesterday but today they're very small and there are very few. We started some Reglan to keep things moving since she's on injectable pain meds which can slow her GI tract.

I hope she leaves that incision alone, it really is my biggest fear that she won't. If I have to put an e-collar on her that means hand feeding her 4+ times a day until she's healed, which is stressful on both of us. She's definitely not liking her 'hospital cage' though (no shelves, beach towel or t-shirts for bedding). I feel so bad for her!

Stephanie

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Poor girl! Atleast it's all closed up now. I'm sure she'll heal up quick

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Adolescent Pup

Awww! Thats terrible. I hope Praline gets better soon!

Shelly

Howdy From Us All!

NEVERLetGo

MROOF!!! I'm a Llama!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

That poor girl! I am keeping Praline in my thoughts and prayers Steph.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 04:43 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

Wow that is big. How is she doing this afternoon?
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

She's under the desk here at work with me, currently sleeping.

She hates the cage she's in and has been pawing and biting at the wire to the point that she wore the skin off one toe and it was bleeding. If it isn't one thing, it's another.

Stephanie

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

The poor thing. She doesn't understand you're only trying to help her! I hope she gets better very very very quickly!
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Aww, the poor baby!

Rhonda

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

poor praline. I hope she gets better soon.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Well there's one positive in all this! She's in heat, so she isn't pregnant. Meaning I can give her the pain medication I want to give and not worry about potential side effects from the antibiotics.

Dr. P just looked at her and said it looks great.

Stephanie