pregnent chin advice please? - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Newborn Pup

that alot of info ^^ but i will see if i and fill them out

My Chinchillas
kibathewolf.dk/Chinchilla.php
--------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--------------------
FB:
facebook.com/kibathewolf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Part of the Pack

Kibasnowpaw - Just from your basic lack of experience and knowledge on chinchillas, and Especially their breeding. I would NOT recommend you breed any at all!!!!!!! If you REALLY want to breed, wait until you can purchase quality chinchillas with KNOWN backround. just because they have had kits before, doesnt mean they should again! Read up, Learn, Dont Do!
Its frustrating when inexperienced people breed, just for the heck of it. This is how we get these chinchillas like my Greyson, who has malocclusion, who I will probably have to put down soon because there are TOO MANY unwanted, medically challenged chinchillas because people are breeding them for pets or for fun! This isnt a game! These are LIVES you are making...
Sorry - but I dont agree with people jsut breeding animals because they can. It should only be done when "Needed" and you... obviously dont need them. You have two perfectly fine chinchillas. You need to learn more about taking care of them before you learn how to take care of their babies.
What do you plan on doing with the babies anyway? The more chinchillas you get, the more work it take to care for them. I have 4, and i spend a good 4 hours a day or more caring for them!

Last edited by nik8806; 10-11-2010 at 03:42 PM.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Part of the Pack

Also - just by what ABC Chinchillas has said about what a chinchilla should look like... ive noticed here in AK there are rarely chinchillas produced like that. Id say I have one that maybe comes close, and hes 10. everyone else lacks even the basic shape they are supposed to be. Dont get me wrong, i love my chinnies to death, but it just shows how poor breeding has affected the chinchillas they sell (and breed) as pets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Part of the Pack

Also- sorry if im being too harsh. i don't want to be mean, I just dont want people ending up with inferior chinchillas who will need special, and expensive medical bills. There is no point in breeding these animals when there are already too many unwanted ones in this world. I see chinchillas online and on the boards at the pet shops all the time. becaues people are breeding too many of them and selling or giving them away to people who dont really know what they are getting into. these arent just little mice that live 2-3 years. they Can live up to 20 years! anyway. just my thoughts.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik8806 View Post
Also- sorry if im being too harsh. i don't want to be mean, I just dont want people ending up with inferior chinchillas who will need special, and expensive medical bills. There is no point in breeding these animals when there are already too many unwanted ones in this world. I see chinchillas online and on the boards at the pet shops all the time. becaues people are breeding too many of them and selling or giving them away to people who dont really know what they are getting into. these arent just little mice that live 2-3 years. they Can live up to 20 years! anyway. just my thoughts.

i know what you mean and just a update idk how much of what i been saying you have read i have alittle experience sins i have them at work and have some kidts there i know it not much but it sill some ohhh.. now we taking about it im under in training as zookeeper and only on my first year so i do lag the experience but i been working in that zoo for about 5-10 years more or lesss i been going to school to so i think 5 sound about right but i know the zoo and seen it go from a nomall farm to a petting zoo in about 15 year
and i been working/helping there time to time over all does years

and btw i would never in anyway put them down if i would do anything as the last option i would give them to the zoo i work in
i do take responsibility for my animals so that would be my last option

My Chinchillas
kibathewolf.dk/Chinchilla.php
--------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--------------------
FB:
facebook.com/kibathewolf

Tags
chinchilla, first litter, pregnent