Question! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Question Question!

I don't know whether I read it here or elsewhere....but I'll ask.

I read that to clean out a chinchilla cage you can use vinegar and water.

I was just curious how much vinegar you would use. Say 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water. Things like that.

Thanks for any responses!

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

For my sprayer girl (aka Audi), I use 50/50. Otherwise I use a 30/70 vinegar to water ratio, thereabouts. It works well on urine-soaked wooden shelves and takes it right off of the melamine and wire.

Stephanie

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 02:27 PM
Adolescent Pup

I agree, 50/50 if you have strong urine odors or stains, but other wise, 30/70 is about right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

That's what we used to use as well.... It works great for urine stains and smells
We still use it for the dogs that we foster that aren't quite housebroken

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 03:30 PM
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

Vinegar is the best thing around! We make cages and the rolls of wire have that black gunk on them. We used to scrub them with regular dish detergent and water and it took forever. now we just put all the cage pieces in the tub and pour in about 1/4-1/2 gallon of vinegar and let it soak clean! hasn't rusted or anything yet!!

I use chlorox to clean the plastic bottoms but 50/50 vinegar to clean the actual cage about 3 times a year.

Alicyn

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 06:12 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yup. I put 50/50 in a spray bottle and take it to the melamine once a week. The smell has started to make me gag, but the cleaning power of the vinegar can't be beat. I just wish I could figure out a way to get my little buggers to quit peeing on the melamine and just stick to the bedding! Until I do, though, it's a weekly cleaning with vinegar water.