Question about normal behavior - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

Question about normal behavior

I got a chinchilla a few weeks ago and had a few questions about normal chinchilla behavior. Acording to the vet I took him to hes perfectly healthy and fairly young (maybe around a year). The question I had was, every night after we let him excercise (we've only been letting him play for about 10 mins because h seems to get too hot) he lays down like hes really tired for maybe about a minute or two and then goes back to playing or running on his saucer as though he is fine and then rest some more he also acts this way after he has been running on his saucer for a while. I've seen him sleeping lying down from time to time during the day but I also know that it can be a sign of illness but he doesn't appear to be sick. We got him from a pet store and I'm starting to wonder if maybe he is not just out of shape because I doubt he has ever been allowed to run either before or while he was at the pet store. Should I be concerned or am I worring about a problem that isn't there?

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 03:40 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Sounds like he's just out of shape like you say yourself.

About the whole sleeping thing, you can't really say that if they sleep one way, they might be sick.
Chinchillas sleep in what ever position they want to. Flat on their tummy, on the side, on their back and so on.

Good luck with your new chin

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
chinchilla behavior, exercise