Questions about my chinchilla. Please help me - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Questions about my chinchilla. Please help me

I have owned my chinchilla for about a month now. His name is Beau and he is a happy addition to my home.
But I feel as though he is not connecting well with me. He is four years old. Before I had him he was well taken care of, except he never got human contact. He was rarely held and hardly even saw a human for his whole life.
I don't know how to help him to like me more, if at all. Now he wants nothing to do with me. I would love for him to learn tricks and such. What can I do to strength our relationship? What treats can he have? Please help me and help Beau feel more comfortable with me.

Last edited by Munky444; 12-30-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 09:04 AM
chinchilla breeder

chinchillas really do not often learn to do tricks and such. The best thing you can do to stregthen your relationship is to sit quietly with your hand in the cage not moving and let him learn to come to you. Safe treats are no mare than 1 a day. A peice of plain shredded wheat, a rosehip or a cheerio

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kristy Morici
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ABC CHINCHILLAS

Many high quality chinchillas Available..

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Adolescent Pup

i agree with 'ABC Chinchillas'. Another treat my chinchilla liked was dried clover blossoms. Perhaps if u sit with him and stay dtill while he's having his free run he'll warm up to u. Ours used to climb and jump all over us but they didn't 'allow' us to handle them either..(couple of divas

Tags
chinchilla