Quite a scare today - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Quite a scare today

Ugh! We had quite a heat scare today, the power went out and stayed out for about 5 hours! The coolest it's been here during the day for the last few weeks is like 105! At first it was no biggie b/c it goes out from time to time from the heat itself (messes up the power and phone cables) and they usually get it fixed within about 30 minutes. This time it didn't go back on, and by the time about 2 hours had passed it was starting to get warm, so we started calling around to find some a/c we could take them to. Finally Ira's dad went to the convienience store down the street(old family friends) and they agreed to take them in till it closed. So, we packed up all 10 chins and loaded them up into the airconditioned van and drove them down there. Everything turned out ok, but I was so scared! I just knew that between the heat and the stress they weren't gonna make it. Do you guys have an emergency plan for just in case your power goes out? We had planned to take them to Ira's grandparents house if anything like this ever happened but, of course, they left on vacation 2 days ago . Sigh....what a day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 07:20 AM

I keep ice packs frozen just in case.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 08:14 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I also keep ice packs in freezer.We also have a small generator I can use if I have to for their room.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 11:46 AM
Proud New Mommy

wow! that wouldve sucked.... im glad everything turned out ok!!! i also have ice packs that i keep in the freezer just in case

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 03:34 PM

Yup Ice packs here too ..and lots of them