Recommend cAge - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 06:30 PM
brodle

Recommend cAge

Can any recommend a cage? I know there are martin cages but was wodnering if there was any other. My cage is very old and i ahve added to it to give chinmore space but I would liek soemthing a little more easier to clean and manage.

Any recommendation?

I wonder where pet shops get the black cages from.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 07:48 PM
Fertile Myrtle

The best cages, IMO, are Martin's cages. They're cheap, easy to clean and safe - for the most part. And you can customize certain aspects when you order (i.e. flip top lid, slide out tray).

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 07:56 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

My absolute favorite is home made with melamine coating on the walls and pine shelves. Wipes right down.

With the martin's cages, you get peeing from top levels, etc. I had to buy plexiglass and put around the back and two sides to catch the urine spray. Other than that, they're great and I personally would be comfortable recommending them to someone.

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 08:12 PM

I also recommend Martins cages
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 11:00 PM

The couple that we bought Jabber from made me a cage. It is nice. It is 18X24X30.

Last edited by Jabbermama; 01-07-2006 at 11:37 PM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 11:02 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

My one little chin rattles around in a 4-story Martin's. He thinks it's great and so do we!

Critter

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 02:52 PM
brodle

one of my main concerns is being able to fit his wheel in a new cage. I had to build him a add-on gym to his current cage

I found the wheel on here. Actually bought it of pawtalk but looks liek the store is shutdown right now.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 03:18 PM
brodle

This is the wheel he uses

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 04:15 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

I learned (from Christi) that if you use a regular wheel you have to assemble a Martin's cage around it; it won't fit through the door. Cam has one of the satelite dishes that we added later. Couldn't see your picture but I assume you have a regular-type wheel.

Critter

CRITTERCALL

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 07:00 PM
brodle

Thats what i figured. Yes I have a normal wheel.

Anyone have the Chinchilla TownHouse Cage? from Martin? I want to get that one but unsure if it has a cage bottom above the drop pan.

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 11:04 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Mine is one step below that one - or the one just above it on the Martin's Cage website, whichever way you want to put it. I'm not sure either from reading the info, but I would either email them or give them a call. They were really nice people to work with.

Critter

CRITTERCALL

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 11:01 AM
Fertile Myrtle

Actually, you don't! If you pay an extra $10 when you order the cage and specify a flip-top lid then you can take the wheel in and out through the top of the cage!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 11:18 AM
Misty

Cages~Laura

Show off your handy-work in making a "town-house" out of the two cages!

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 05:48 PM
brodle

Didnt know some assembly was required ) Great cage tho!

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 09:03 PM

I have Martin cages as well, and I like them. I am going to Melamine cages though as I think it is a bit safer. I also had to put the plexiglass around the bottom of my martin cages to help with the urine out of the back of the cage.

Tags
pet shop, pet shops