Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Rescue Pet Store Chin

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  starleomach 
#1 ·
Well, like I said in a previous post, a while back, a pet store I know of was selling chins and was NOT taking care of them or their other critters. I felt bad for them, so I began to ask around here about which law enforcers dealt with pet stores. I went back to the pet store today, and lo and behold, they were closing down! I practically jumped for joy! And I didn't really do anything! :D Anyways, they said their chins were on sale 25% off now (original price was a little over $80), since I hadn't the money to get all five chins (3 males, 2 females in little cage suitable for 2 chins), and get them the proper vet care, and new cages, etc, I at least saved the supposedly non-pregnant female (the pregnant female not for sale). She is good sized standard and has a really curly tail (I should get some pics of that tail of hers). But there's a chunk of her tail missing, which is either from poor handling on the owner's part or from the other 4 chins she was with. She is the sweetest thing to me at least, but she hates guys since the owner was a guy and, right in front of me, he slapped her because she tried to run away and bite him. But she gave me no problems when I told him I'd pick her up myself after he hit her. :mad:
So that's that, and I guess I'd to announce that dreams can come true. :rolleyes: :D I hope to get some pics of her after I get her tidied up and her fur cleaned up a bit. :cool: I'm just so happy! :w

G
#6 ·
good for you, I volunteer at a cat shelter with alot of abused cats. I get sick seeing some of them cringe in terror when you give them food or water in thier cage. BUT with alot of love and hard work even the worse case become big cuddle muffins

#7 ·
Thanks you guys! I'm so excited about her! I'm gonna get some pics of her as soon as she's feeling safer here. She's always afraid someone's going to hit her, and flinches whenever someone tries to touch her. Poor baby! :( I really wish I had hit him back! :mad: I hope she isn't mentally scarred for life, or he'll be in trouble! :mad:
I really think she's adapted well already, and like kenoki mentioned, she'll become a good cuddle muffin when I'm through with her! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.