Riker - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Riker

Our latest edition... Riker, a homo ebony male.

Oh what a face !

Riker against the palm of my hand.

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Riker is stunning!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

Ooo!! He is tooo cute!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thanks !

He's just growing so fast, it makes me worry. Of course I'd worry if it wasn't enough growth or if he was blinking too much, I think worry is just my thing. BUT...what is a good growth rate for a baby chin? I know Ebonies are said to grow slower than others does that hold true for babies?

Riker was born 57.5 g and is 120 g today12 days later.

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

He is so cute!

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

What a sweet heart! I think his growth rate is fine. Is he an only kit?

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

He is the only kit and my first to boot, so I don't have any first hand knowledge on what is normal.

He is truly awesome and such a gift.

The day he was born was truly unexpected. I had thought she was due in about three weeks. I went down to the chin room before bed to do my chin stuff. It was the anniversary of my fathers death, my brother and his wife had a miscarriage that day and to just top it off my husband's flight was cancelled and he wouldn't be home until the next day and man I needed a hug ! I was about halfway through caring for everyone, and really having a pity party for myself when I heard an odd squeak from one of the cages and I turn around and there was Riker. It was amazing. I got on the phone with my girlfriend it was late at night and I was crying (I was so happy) and she helped me calm down and get everything in order. I was so excited and overwelmed I couldn't even find my hay !! Since I use my hay twice a day and it's in a huge white rubbermaid container, one would think it couldn't be misplaced and my chin room isn't THAT messy ..hahaha.

ANYWAYS...............

Thanks for your comments. I have some more ladies expecting here, I've got the camera standing by. I would love to catch one in labor and get the pictures.

My wonderful loves:
Bella Chinchillas
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

He's precious, Jenn! That first birth is just the best, isn't it?
His growth sounds great to me too. On average, they should gain 2-4 grams per day. He's a single kit so he gets all mom's milk - it's expected that he'll grow faster.

Stephanie

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 10:15 PM
Proud New Mommy

What a great present at the end of your day! He is going to be a spoiled monster by the time he's grown. He is just stunning!! Congratulations.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thanks Everyone ! I am so awestruck with this little guy and he is just growing so fast and already showing his spunky personality. This is the fun stuff in life for sure.

My wonderful loves:
Bella Chinchillas
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 01:46 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

what an adorable boy

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted

Tags
chin room, homo ebony