Running Scared. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Running Scared.

Ok, so I have been the owner of my Hailey for about 4 weeks now, and we made the mistake of playing with her from day 1, and it was good for a while but then she retreated back to not liking us. She runs to a corner when we try to take her out. She will walk up to the door of the cage and nibble on it, and look at me. I will bend down and open the door and she will come out to me, like she wants out...but then when i reach in she runs. Sometimes she stays and sniffs my hand and licks it...but lately she wants nothing to do with us. Anyone have any suggestions? She wont eat food we hold infront of her, so training her is hard. Plus, I am only a little patient! Anyone have a stubborn chin?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 11:31 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

You're gonna have to be more than a little patient. Chins take a while to make friends with. Some chins never really enjoy people. Keep putting your hand in her cage and letting her get used to you. Let her nibble, maybe jump up on your hand (but don't hold her) and jump off, whatever she wants. Let her set the pace. She'll come around, but it will take some time.
Btw, just so you know, I'm only about a half hour south of you. If you ever need anything I can help with just let me know. I'd be happy to share food (I use Tradition) or anything else you might need.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thank you. I know I need to be patient, but she was soo good and friendly then she just went back. I am sure I will be posting a billion more before I get used to this. Thanks