S11 and S12, hoping for S13 to arrive - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

S11 and S12, hoping for S13 to arrive

I walked into the chin room this afternoon and saw what I thought was a hay cube in Sage's cage, but couldn't remember putting any hay cubes in there recently. Upon closer examination, I found a very premature standard kit. Not sure if it was male or female as it was already dead and I have this thing about touching dead animals once they've gone stiff.
I palpated Sage and didn't feel anything else in there. I checked on her a little later, and still nothing, but glanced over at Jetta's cage and noticed a little tail sticking out from under her. She delivered a 52 gm bouncing baby dark ebony girl! I palpated her and I don't think she's done yet because she still has a lump in there that I swear, kicked me! She's also still restless and moving around a lot. Can't seem to get comfortable, so I'm assuming she's not done yet. Either that, or it's a very large placenta! But a placenta that kicked me? Hmmm...I'll give her a little while and check back again. Here's hoping for twins!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Adolescent Pup

I'm sorry to hear about Sage's baby.

But, congrats to you and Jetta. Did Jetta end up having another baby?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Nope, no second kit. I'm sure what I was feeling were contractions and the placenta. She's all soft and squishy now and both mom and baby are doing great. The kit has gained 3 gms within the first 24 hours, so all is well. Pics will be coming as soon as I get my camera back from a friend who borrowed it

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Oily Chickenspew

excited to see pix~~~

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

congrates on the new baby i can't wait to see pics.

why breed or buy when shelter animals die

home to:
1 dog a pit bull named Troy and a border collie/golden retrever/boxer mix named Amber

and 7 cats (Butterfly, Furchol, Carmel, Nova, Hope, Shaddy& Christian)

3 rats Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather

Tags
chin room, hay cubes