Scales - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Angry Scales

I am soo happy! :rollsmile I finally located some scales to use for my furballs thanks to Rocheal. Carrera has been getting pretty big, but just around the back end, so I wanted to weigh her to see what she weighs. Now anyone know what the standard weight should be of a 5month old? I haven't even weighed her yet. I got my scales (postal scale) from Office Max for only $26.03! That was cheap compared to Chinworld. I have heard that these scales are very accurate to 1kg increments, so let's hope so. Here is the link where I got my scales. It is the Sunbeam with a max weight of 5lb. They were on sale for 20% off too.

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutio...kOID=536966697
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 09:36 PM
Princess in Waiting

Those are good to have around with my birds, too. I bought some from someone on-line some time ago. Haven't used them too much since last winter (oh gosh, I was raising babies this time last year - that's what's wrong with me!). Kind of difficult with the Grey because I didn't have a stand to put on there and he was too big to fit into a bowl!

Have fun - you'll weigh everything in the house!!

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 09:49 PM
Proud New Mommy

Cool Brenda!! I'm flattered that you went out and got one tonight!! Congrats on the scale sale

lmbo, I thought I was the only one who compared the pencil with no chew marks to the pencil with some chew marks and a little bit of eraser gone...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 11:37 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quote:
Carrera has been getting pretty big, but just around the back end,
You might not want to say that around her. It may damage her self esteem.

Rhonda

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Actually I kind'a already have. Maybe that's why she hasn't let me scratch her chin in a while.

I have just weighed her and she is 496g.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 03:42 AM

I don't know what the norm is, but that sounds pretty good for a 5mo old to me!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 11:34 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

That's perfect for a five month old, Brenda! Her mom is in the 680s full grown so she sounds like she'll be a big girl! Congrats on getting the scale!

Stephanie

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Jade. At least I know it's normal and I don't need to put her on a "diet". I feel much better.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 06:37 PM

lol... you know I know all about getting a scale for chinchillas... but for the stupidest reason that I have no idea why,... I was thinking "scaley" like fish... ughhhhh duhh me!!!!!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

........and you actually admitted it??

*something kind'a fishy in there...huh!