Scooter comes home today - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Scooter comes home today

I just wanted to let everyone here know that Scooter's ashes are coming home today.

They called from the emergency clinic we took her to to let me know that her ashes were ready for pickup.

I'm very happy to finally have her home. I am so emotionally exhausted from this week....

But, I also know that my emotions are going to be high when we pick her up. I know I'm going to cry when I see the urn.

But, as I said, I'm so happy to finally have her home. It's been a long week without her......

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Rhonda

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 07:30 AM
Proud New Mommy

What does the urn look like?

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Part of the Pack

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Irregular and Proud!

I am so sorry for you loss, and hope that having Scooter back with you will bring you some peace.

Patti

Back in NC again! (Army wife and proud!)
Chinnies: Maureen, Max, and Muad'Dib
Cats: Daphne (who says, I only play with mousie toys with a string tail and a bell.)
And introducing: Tasselhof and Kittira (Hubbie's childhood cats, who are 10 and 9 repectively)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 08:45 AM
Playful Pup

It is so hard to lose a chin. They are such loving wonderful creatures. After Mick died the vet wanted to do a post. Waiting to pick him up was awful. I just wanted him to be home so i could bury him. I was closest to this little guy. He was a runt of a triplets Dustie had and we had to hand feed him. After he slipped into a coma Dustie sat over him when I was not holding him. She told me that he died. I buried him on some of my parents land. It gives me comfort that he is under the trees and there are wildflowers out there, and it is so peaceful.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

I'm so sorry blong2001. I agree, it is very hard losing a chin. She was the best mother to her three kits, and even though they are adults now, I know they miss her. They sense something isn't right. I haven't been crying as much, but there are days where I'll just lose it. And when Snowball lost her baby on the fourth of July last year, Scooter was the one watching over the kit as if to say "Snowball shouldn't see this."

Karen

[