Second surprise... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Second surprise...

Okay, so if you read about Skye popping this morning, this is the continuation...
After I found Skye's kit, I checked his weight and checked on the other chins. No other babies. Watched Skye's baby and determined he needed help and took him to the vet.
Well when we got home and I got him all settled back in with mom, I noticed Emma's shavings were soaked! And I don't mean anywhere near the water bottle either. Closer examination of the shavings revealed a tiny amount of blood on one of them. Uh, oh!! Looked at Emma, and her whole chest is wet! Guess what? Yup, while I was at the vet with Skye's mosaic boy, Emma popped too! (apparently she was jealous)
I'm going to give her some time, she's wet, kit(s) wet and I have no idea how many there are, I saw a foot through all the wet fur, so I know there is at least one. Talk about a busy day in the chin room! I will get pics as soon as time and safety allow.

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

She just moved, there are two!! (still wet though )

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Congratulations!!! :blob2:

Is Skye's kit going to be okay?

Edit: Oops, I just read about it in the other thread. I hope he continues to improve!

Rhonda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Okay, so they are still wet, but oh well. I couldn't resist taking a pic once she moved. Still not going to mess with them yet, once they dry though, it's ON!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Awee! Can you tell if they're beige or tan kits??

And congrats on all of them! I hope the little mosaic continues to do well.

Karen

[

post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Congrats Mandie!

Karen, I believe they are violets - Emma is a TOV Violet.

Stephanie

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Ok Jade!!

No matter the color, they're still gorgeous. I'll probably be able to see the violet better when they're dry.

Karen

[

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Miss New Booty

Congrats Mandie!! Awww they are so cute!

~* Jackie *~

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

aw, no matter if they are wet. they are still heart throbbing addorable!

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

congrats again.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

The twins are indeed violets. As Jade said, Emma is TOV Violet, dad is Rolex, a light violet. Normally I wouldn't put two violets together, but Emma and Rolex are both gorgeous and Emma REALLY needed to get started breeding before age 2 (she's 22 months old now)
Both are dry and nursing. S04 is a 45 gm male, S05 is a very tiny 29 gms female. She's small, but she is FEISTY!!! Nursing within 30 minutes or so of birth and hasn't gotten off the nipple except when I took that pic...even then, she was looking for it!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

What a cute picture!!!!! Congrats
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 09:23 PM
I Have Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome

They are adorable, congradulations!

I got a valentine!

3 cats, Yazi, Bit, and Thunder
8 rats, Bob, Cocoa, Zara, Kennit, Aviendha, Skewer, Bean, and Raleigh
3 mice, Briella, Sophie, and Jackson
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 07:12 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

What a couple of cutie pies! Congrats!
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 07:19 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Congrats Mandie...they are adorable!

Tags
chin room