Sibling Battle rated R - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2004, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Sibling Battle rated R

Oh this makes me so upset and sick. My little chinnie baby has attacked her sister, they are three weeks old. This is a pic of her AFTER I cleaned her up. I actually thought her sister bit out her eyes because there was so much blood on her face. This is the first time I have ever seen 2 fight. It happens sometimes with three. Mom is a good milk producer and they are both chubby.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baby fight face front small.jpg (24.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg baby fight left side small.jpg (18.9 KB, 30 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Team Captain: Mother of 250 chinchillas!
New litters weekly...I must be nuts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2004, 07:15 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Oh that poor baby! I'm so sorry, Debbie.

Stephanie

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

How sad! I'm sorry that happened to your baby I hope she'll be ok!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Unhappy

Aww poor babies
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

OH no! Poor little thing, what do you do when that happens? I mean take em to a vet right but I know how it's hard to come by vets that do a good job on exotics kinda like chinnies... I sure hope she's ok!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2004, 09:40 PM

Awwww, I have had kits fight but never like that. I hope that she will be ok.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

Poor baby, I hope she recovers OK.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

How's she doing, Debbie?

Stephanie

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 04:37 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

The poor little thing. I knew that kits fight sometimes but I never realized how ugly it can get!

Rhonda

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh no that's awful.....so what do you do now? Will they have to be seperated and one get bottle fed??

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I am so sorry poor little one.I have had kits to squabble but never really hurt one another.

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 09:45 PM
Fertile Myrtle

That stinks!! I hope she's ok!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

The little angel is doing really good. I took her in the house with me to hand raise her. I don't go to the vets for first aid, I do most of my own medical and have for many many yrs. I will however take a chin in if I feel a vet will benefit the little chin. She was cleaned up with a q tip (about 20 of them) and peroxide. Her eyes were blood filled and I used a sterile eye ointment to clean them. I use a magnifier to check the wounds in case they are deep in which I place the chin on antibiotics. This little girl didn't need antibiotics, thank fully. She loves pellets and hay already and is eating that impressively well considering her young age, 3wks. I hand feed her 3x daily since this is all she will drink. She likes to play and climb on me. She squeaks when I rub her belly

Thanks for all your kind words and for caring. I'll post a pick of her as soon as some of the booboos clear up better.

Team Captain: Mother of 250 chinchillas!
New litters weekly...I must be nuts
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'm glad to hear she's doing well despite her injuries. Continued prayers will go up for her!

Stephanie

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I am glad the little one is doing okay