Skye popped this morning! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Skye popped this morning!

I came home from work to find a very little mosaic boy in with Skye! He's only 38gms and was gasping for breath. I took him out and his little tootsies were so cold! (Skye was eating at the time) I wrapped him in a washcloth to rub him and help stimulate him to breathe, and then I saw pink fluid coming from his mouth. I wrapped him up good, and shook the fluid out pretty well and rushed him back to work with me. We put him on O2 since he was still gasping and after about a half hour, his breathing was pretty good and he was rooting around. I brought him home and put him back in with Skye. She seemed pretty happy to have him back and checked him out, groomed on him, gave me a little lick on my finger as he crawled up under her (he wasn't moving when I first found him other than gasping for breath) It'll be touch and go for a while, luckily I don't have to work the rest of the day, so I can keep an eye on things.
When I got home, I got another surprise though...to be continued...

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Congrats and I hope the little guy continues to improve!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Wow, glad to hear you were able to help him, and congratulations on the new addition!

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Me too...right now they are snuggling...going to weigh him again in a little while but he's cute and is breathing well now

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

aw he's adorable! Congratulations!

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

congrats! Fingers crossed for the little one.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

I went in to check on him again about a half hour ago...he didn't make it. I think he just had too much fluid in his lungs when I originally found him

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

aww i'm so sorry

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Title Spy

Oh no So sorry to hear that.

Owned by:
Three kitties (Hank, Napoleon, and The White One), two degus (Jay and Silent Bob), and a new chihuahua puppy (Gidget).

Special Pets in Heaven:
Bogus (cat), Dixie (dog), The Orange One (cat), baby iguana, and Charlotte (dog). I miss you all so much.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I am so sorry! But you tried your hardest.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh no So sorry for your loss
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 10:24 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Oh Mandie...I'm so sorry for your loss.

Karen

[

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 07:09 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Awww. Sorry Mandie.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I'm sorry for your loss.

Rhonda

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'm sorry, Mandie.

Stephanie