Small Droppings... Fat Chin! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Small Droppings... Fat Chin!

My Chinchilla Greyson has malocclusion. Late August he had his teeth filed down again. He improved very well, and constantly eats. The last week though ive noticed very small droppings in the cage (finally figured out its not the other chin in the cage - its Greyson). Greysons "belly" has been getting HUGE the past month, so I haven't been too worried about him till now. The droppings are Very small! And he is definitely not as active the last two weeks.
Is there something I should be feeding him - or not feeding him to help with his poo problem before I would have to take him to the vet?
He regularly eats Timothy/Orchard grass/brome Hay, Mazuri pellets (4tbsp - 2chins) and a treat (raisin,driedapple,rosehip,papaya) maybe 3-4 times a week. I also offer Chinchilla Lifeline once a week.

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Adolescent Pup

As far as his diet goes, it sounds like youre doing everything right. im sorry im not much help, i would recommend taking him to the vet, cause of the bloat. as far as the droppings being small, you can give him cranberry juice in the water. im not sure of the mixture, but ive heard that this does help. best of luck to you, and i hope greyson is ok!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 05:22 PM
chinchilla breeder

You need to get him to a vet if he is bloating. Bloat can kill a chinchilla painfully. I would also give him some baby gas drops and massage his tummy in circles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kristy Morici
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ABC CHINCHILLAS

Many high quality chinchillas Available..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

He ended up being fine. Gave him a small piece of papaya, pellets and small amount of hay that night. When I got him out to run around a big poop came out! now hes pooping BIG ones everywhere! Hopefully he will get those back to normal soon, his belly has also shrunk a bit, he looks more normal Yay!

Tags
chinchilla, droppings, poo, small