Sneese? MoreTalkitive? Help?! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Question Sneese? MoreTalkitive? Help?!

OK im new so itf this is a topic already mentioned sorry. but here it goes.

I have a (about)3 year old male chinchilla -NibblerGizmo-. Lately he's been Alot more vocal and kinda makes a Sneese sound (which im assumeing is infact a sneese). the Sneeses are random, only once or twice for a month or so, he doenst have any signs of being sick (ie eyes and nose ans everything normal) so what could it be?

I mean im guess chins can just sneese without a reason like people, or should i be concerned? and Why is he so much more vocal then before?

i have changed his food resently (the store didnt have my usual brand so i got something diffrent) hes picky, but he did the sneese thing before that (agaon only like once or twice).. IDK. Im just asking on here and planing to call the vet about it soon.

Please if ithis topic has been up here dont be rude about it. Any help is Apreciated.

Arigato!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
X~TERESA~X
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MommyTo- NibblerGizmo! almost 3 year old Male Gray Chinchilla!
AlsoHave- 3 Cats! Tigger-6year old(about) Male LightGray&White Tabby! CharlesDaniel- 29 Month Old Male Russian Blue! Padiddel AKA Diddles- One Eye 9 Month Old(about) Female Russian Blue!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 04:35 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Sounds like alarmcalls?!

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

AlarmCalls? you mean his being vocal? whats that defined as?? i mean he makes a Bark like sound at Diddles(one eye cat) sometimes when she gets all investigative and he gets annoyed or startled by her.. his other sounds hes been making more so now then befor are more like clicks and squeeks, like he's talking. he used to do them before but now hes more vocal, more squeeks and clicks and sometimes a long loud squeek sequence (maybe thats the alarm your talking aobut) but he doesnt do that one often. He doenst have any upset or abnormal body language when he's being verbal.. its just more then usual.

now that i think about it he's usualy at the frount of the cage looking at me or my mom when hes talking more, maybe he just wants attention? and he 'talks' to the one cat charlie like its a conversation.

are sneese normal after a bath? he does a huffy sneese like thing when hes all dusty also.

im sorry if i sound dumb, thoese things are just new that we havent experianced before with him. (my ex got him from a friend-hers had babys we got him once he was old enough to leave his mom- and he had Nibbler for about 8 months ive had him sence, he's almost 3)

Thanks for replying and any additional help you have!
Arigato!

X~TERESA~X
AlsoHave- 3 Cats! Tigger-6year old(about) Male LightGray&White Tabby! CharlesDaniel- 29 Month Old Male Russian Blue! Padiddel AKA Diddles- One Eye 9 Month Old(about) Female Russian Blue!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 06:58 AM
Kansas City Chinchillas

It does sound as though the sneezing sound he is making is barking - alarm call. He may be frightened of something in his environment. Has anything changed? His location, new people, new sounds, new activities, different lighting, new smells, different perfume or soap?

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

i changed his food a little while ago (they store didnt have my usual brand) And we did get a new Cat.. We've had her since about valentines day so she's about 9 months now and investigative with Nibbler at times... He noticed she was diffrent then our other 2 cats (she has one eye- the other two leave him alone for the most part)... he does do a barking shound when she gets too curious with him. i figured that was why he made that sound..he's usualy active in the wee hours in the AM and thats usually when she bugs him. we usualy have people in and out of the house, the sounds im guess he's pretty much used to hes been in this liveing room for over a year and before he was close to the liveingroom so it was the same sounds.... i guess Padiddle is a factor for the barking.

his other sounds hes been making are like clicks and squeeks like hes talking, and a Long loud sequence of squeeks (rarely but it happens) .... and his kinda sneese sound is like a Huff-ish sound (sometimes like randomly another when he was all dusty from a bath). IDK i was just wandering if i should be concerned with it...

Arigato for replying!

X~TERESA~X

Tags
chinchilla, sneese, talkitive