So gross! *lol* - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

So gross! *lol*

So, I was giving the chinnies their pellets and hay, and when I went over to talk to Sneakers I saw him moving his mouth around like he was chewing.

THEN! he bent down and picked a poo out of his butt. It's not like I've never seen it before, but man I wasn't expecting it! Not only was the poo large, but he proceeded to eat it right in front of me!

What a way to start off the day.

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Now, now those aren't poos, they are chocolate raisins. I think Sneakers purposely ate that chocolate raisin right in front of you to make you jealous. As if to say, "See what I have??? And you can't have any".
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Oh man....

Well, thankfully I wouldn't want him to share his "chocolate treasures" with me.

But, if he won't share with me, can't he at least share with the other chinnie butts?

Karen

[

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Nope, chocolate raisins are soooo good they must never be shared!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

So gross, yet so amusingly funny.

I guess they really can't share, as they all have their chocolate raisins.

Maybe they'll come out with their own little recipe book that the main ingredient is the chocolate raisins.

I think I have too much time on my hands.

Karen

[

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 04:59 PM
Adolescent Pup

ewww. . .! hahaha. I've seen syrian hamsters do it before. In this one pet shop, this one little guy would sit at the front of the aquarium, and procee to eat the poo as it came out of his butt. . .over and over again! Talk about recycling!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Yup, bunnies do it too...they LOVE their chocolate treasures!! First time I saw one of the chinnies do that, I freaked...then I learned that is isn't just normal, but necessary! SO glad that WE don't have to do that! YUCK!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Adolescent Pup

how is it necessary?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

It's necessary for proper digestion...the extra fiber in certain poos help to break down foods and keep the digestive track running smoothly. They won't eat the poo off the floor but only certain kinds directly from the anus. So when you catch your babies doing that, don't freak, it's good for them!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Yeah, I found that out somehow when I first saw Zesty doing that. I thought it was the grossest thing, but found that certain poos do provide essential nutrients to their diet.

And like you said Mandie, I'm so glad we don't have to do that. Yuck!

Karen

[

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 10:58 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

I saw Eve do that once. I wouldn't let her kiss my eyelids for a week after that.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Mmmmmmmmm, chocolate chin poo.

Now why wouldn't you want her kissing your eyelid? Don't you want that kiss, knowing she just ate her own poo?

Tasty chin poo!

Man, I need a life.

Karen

[

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 11:16 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

There are some things better left unexperienced.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Too true. Man, I just hope that Nibbles wasn't eating poo and then licking my mouth.

Yech!

Karen

[

Tags
pet shop, syrian hamster, syrian hamsters