Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Surgury tomorrow

4K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Crittercall 
#1 ·
I'm taking Bert in for surgury tomorrow, everyone think good thoughts for him please!
As a side note, last night there was some gunk in that eye, I THINK it MIGHT have been drainage! :xfingers: Hopefully it can just be drained and it'll be ok (not to mention easier healing and cheaper!). Anyhow, think a good thought for him around 11 tomorrow!

#3 ·
Good luck to you and Bert. Keep us posted.

Patti

#12 ·
Thank you!!!

You guys musta sent out extra super good thoughts!! The vet was able to just do the aspiration and drain it...it was a cyst, only clear fluid came out so no foreign object or infection YAY!!! He gave me the option of just draining it and putting some antibiotics in there or going in with the laser anyways to make sure everything was completely gone and leave a small hole so it could drain if anymore fluid came back, but at a small risk to the eye. At his advice I just had it drained, so hopefully it won't fill back up, but at least if it does, I know what we'll have to do, and it was pretty easy. The icing on the cake.... it was only $300!!!! I know, still alot, but I was expecting at least 500..WOOHOO!!! THANK YOU soooo much everyone, and Bert says thank you too, he's back with Ernie already (in a small cage for tonite), no collor or anything!!

#22 ·
Bert is doing great, his eye is wide open again! There's still a bump over the eye, but it is just extra skin that the cyst stretched out. The vet said that bump may be there forever unless we do the laser surgury. So I'll just keep a close eye on the bump to make sure it's not filling up again (it makes telling Bert and Ernie apart MUCH easier, lol). I forgot to mention, when the vet drained the cyst 2cc's of fluid came out!! He showed me the vial with the stuff in it and I was shocked...that's alot! Hopefully it will never fill up again, the Dr. injected it with cortisone and antibiotics, if it does I'll have to decide between having it drained again or risking the surgery. But, all in all Bert look and seems to feel great! Thank you again for thinking good thoughts for him!!

#24 ·
2cc's is a lot of fluid over a little eye. Don't you know he feels better with that gone? It had to be scratchy and annoying. Hopefully filling it with the antibiotics and cortisone will keep it from recurring. I hope it was a one-time-only deal!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.