"Those Darn Rats!" - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Talking "Those Darn Rats!"

I swear, my man is the best! Now when I first got the chins, he was rolling his eyes, calling them rats, etc. He teases every now and then and gets annoyed when I want to spoil them rotten once in a while, but overall he's pretty great. He indulges me.

Well, he called me at work just now (11:43pm) to tell me he'd had the chins out. He went into detail about how Praline didn't want to go back in her cage, Elvis and Geri jumped out onto his back, Audi was out forever b/c she has the smallest cage and hates it (temporary) ... it was so darn cute!! I'm so lucky to have a guy so indulgent in my passions! It just warmed my heart and I had to share!!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 12:05 AM

aww, you are very lucky! I am glad he loves them as much as you do...or atleast is starting too! I rented Lilo and Stitch from my friend and thought of you!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 01:11 AM

That is great! Now lets hope that he loves them so much he'll even take care of the cage cleaning for you

BTW what kind of couch did you end up getting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 05:28 AM
Princess in Waiting

Those of us with animal men are very lucky, aren't we, Jade? I'm talking getting an older cat to give John Robert as a friend, but so far so luck. We even have a feeding system worked out on who feeds what so that it doesn't take as long or seem as much work!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 08:03 AM

You do have a great man.

My husband (who is stationed in NC) recently was at the pet store and found a chin book. He's never really been able to help take care of the chins (since he's always living somewhere else), but he gave it a quick read. It was funny hearing him talk about all the noises they make and what their postures are supposed to mean. It's funny how men can get into things (and he's a cat lover too).

Patti
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 09:26 AM
Proud New Mommy

AWWW!!! Jade, you're so lucky to have a man that shares your same passions, and chins are definately your passion!!! Im glad he likes your "little rats" and is trying to spend some *quality time* with them!! Hopefully he'll soon learn how smart they are and know when he's not looking so they can jump out!! Don't you wish you were there to see it?

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 03:43 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Aww! He definitely a keeper!

Rhonda

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 01:16 PM

Thumbs up

Steph, that is awesome he is so into the chins and cares for them like you do . That is very important! My husband has taken a huge interest in the chins and loves to go to shows with me and likes to ask questions about genetics. Heck, he is the one that convinced me to come home with an extra chinnie for my birthday!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

We need to get them together, I need a mate for Praline!

Stephanie

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 01:35 PM

Smile

Wait, you mean have your sweetie and my husband get together so I can bring Griffin with or have my husband be a mate to Praline?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I meant so your hubby could talk Chris into letting me have a mate for her!!

Stephanie

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 01:52 PM

Talking

Oh! Okay, yes, that is a plan. I think he would do a good job convincing your sweetie Praline needs a mate.

Tags
cage cleaning, pet store