For those of you using Kritter Ka-bobs - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thumbs down For those of you using Kritter Ka-bobs

Make sure you check the screw that holds the chews on frequently for tightness. I heard a strange banging noise in the living room and went to check on my babies. Berry had the screw off the ka-bob, all the chews were scattered throughout the cage and he was hitting the post against the bars. It's not safe when this happens. I worry about them ingesting the screw. This is the third time it has happened.

There is no one TRUE way

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Chloe * Jinx * Berry *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 01:43 PM

I have the opposite problem. The screw does not come off of two of of three kabobs I have so I have to remove the bell to add new chews (and can only use chews with large enough holes to fit over the screw).
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I saw these in my local pet store a few weeks ago and decided to go for a more expensive solid metal option (that my pet store also do which is solid metal with a screw off bottom) as it wasn't big enough for the logs i wanted to put on it. Thanks for the warning as i was considering getting one for my degus but i think i'll maybe get another solid metal one as they usually have things in pieces within a few hours

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 01:16 PM

Thanks for the heads up. My degus have a ka-bob and I've never checked the screw for tightness but now I will.

Tags
local pet store, pet store