Time to pull my hair out?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Unhappy Time to pull my hair out??

Soooooooo....

As many of you know I've been having problems with Monkey, Stitch and Snowball.

Monkey had dental done a week tomorrow. He is eating his pellets (or at least some of it), but still not his hay. I'm thinking about switching him over to a different hay completely (APD is what I'm going to try).

Snowball is going in next week Wednesday for dental work, too. So, she has to be on medicine as well.

Now, Stitch. His toe just doesn't seem to be getting better. They told me to keep the area open so puss can come out, which I've been trying to do. He won't hold still long enough for me to rub a damp washcloth on it to keep it open. I got it open yesterday, but today he wasn't cooperating.

I'm at my wits end! He's taking his medicine fine (I'm hoping that knocks out the infection), but his toe still is swollen. I am hoping that it doesn't need to be amputated, but if it comes down to it, it'll have to be.

I don't know what to do anymore!

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Part of the Pack

Awww, poor little guys I hope they get better soon! Best wishes for you and your fur balls.

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

Chilla, our female

Twin boys, Cadbury and Punkin
Casper.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Part of the Pack

Lots of chinnie drama happening at your house!

I hope Monkey starts eating more soon, he definitely needs his hay. Also wishing Snowball luck during her dental procedure!

For Stitch, do you think he might be chewing on his toe? Is the antibiotic strong enough? Could you persuade Dan to help hold him while you clean out the pus?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Things just don't seem to be getting better for you. I'm so sorry, I hope things look up soon.