Too Much Poo In The Ball!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Angry Too Much Poo In The Ball!!!!

every single time i put NibZ in his exercise ball theres always at least 20 poops in it .... or MORE!!! its driving me insane!!! i don't see him pooing in his cage as much ... why does he do this? is it normal?? does your chin do it? i don't understand this .... it makes me angry cause everytime i take him out theres another 10 poos stuck on his body and i have to HAND PICK it off him ... and that is very DISGUSTING!!!! some input PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

My input would be to toss the ball. Many a chin has overheated in those, unfortunately. They get so humid and just don't let heat escape. For the few weeks I used mine, Elvis would always pee and poo in it too, which is another reason I don't like them.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Yeah, I dislike the balls greatly. I bought one before I knew better and put my first chin in there and she freaked out. That was the end of that.

Not to mention, chins are poo machines. There's not a lot you can do about it. They'll poo wherever they feel like. I've found poo in places I never thought it could get, but I don't mind. That's what vacuums are for.

Karen

[

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

so what can you suggest for me to allow him to run freely or exercise outside the cage ... there is not much room in the area for him to run around in the house and its all carpet so im afraid if he pees my carpet would be runied!!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Part of the Pack

Get him a wheel instead! http://www.qualitycage.com/exwheels.html

Avoid the cheap ones with the metal spokes, the Flying Saucer or Chin Spin are great.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Ditto on ditching the ball. They are death traps! And yes, chins poop ALOT and CONSTANTLY.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 09:35 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplicity
so what can you suggest for me to allow him to run freely or exercise outside the cage ... there is not much room in the area for him to run around in the house and its all carpet so im afraid if he pees my carpet would be runied!!!
Generally my chins won't urinate outside their cage. Even so, just have a little vinegar on hand, it'll take it right out.

I second Plummie's suggestion of a wheel.

Stephanie

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I agree, ditch the ball and get a wheel.

Vinegar is great for taking out stains of most any kind.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplicity

At my last place of residence I had wall to wall carpet. I never had a chinchilla pee outside of their cage. Worse comes to worse, use your bathroom. Just make sure the toliet seat is down. It's a great 'chin proof' room.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Playful Pup

if you love your animal enough the mess shouldn’t bother you as much as your making out. sorry if i sound *****y and people may think that of me its just why do people have such a problem with their animals making a mess, if you want the animal you shouldn’t moan.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Adolescent Pup

Whenever i let Chinnie play in the bathroom he always finds a great place to poo. In addition to about 50 turds all over the floor (particularly behind the toilet which is so hard to sweep out) he always leaves one very well placed poop. Once it was on top of my father in laws denture case, another time on the bristles of a toothbrush and once more in the soap dish. Sometimes im sure he does this on purpose because he never poos on the counter so why on items that sit on the counter? I just laugh it off and clean it up, buying a new toothbrush here and there is nothing compared to the love and affection i share with my chin.

PS: Chin spins are great and so worth the extra dollars

Lois Isabel

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phawn
Whenever i let Chinnie play in the bathroom he always finds a great place to poo. In addition to about 50 turds all over the floor (particularly behind the toilet which is so hard to sweep out) he always leaves one very well placed poop. Once it was on top of my father in laws denture case, another time on the bristles of a toothbrush and once more in the soap dish. Sometimes im sure he does this on purpose because he never poos on the counter so why on items that sit on the counter? I just laugh it off and clean it up, buying a new toothbrush here and there is nothing compared to the love and affection i share with my chin.

PS: Chin spins are great and so worth the extra dollars
now thats a great way to look at it
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Adolescent Pup

"chins poo, that's what they do"

It's just something you learn to live with...it's kind of a game to see where you'll find the next poo...one time I found one in the Refriderator!!!! Dont ask me how it got there!!!!

But, Like everyone else I agree, toss the ball...I've heard way more neg. things about it then positive...Invest in a good quality wheel...Chins spins are GREAT for a wire cage...hardly hear them running.

As for out side play time I use the bathroom, and the Hallway/stairs...we have a short hallway/entryway by the front door that goes directly up our stairs,I close all the bedroom doors and the chins can play upstairs with out getting into anything, and they LOVE to run up and down the stairs.
If you dont have any place in the house like that...another good investment is the animal playpen...i have one and also order some additonal sections so it's bigger...the chins like it okay, nothing compaired to running all over the house, but it's much safer.
For the pen you can also purchase a "floor" it's really easy to clean and then you dont have to worry about your carpet.
Here's a link :
www.petcarecentral.com/smalancon.html

Another good thing is invest in a Dust Buster type vacum...great for "excaped poos" my BF hates the chinnie poo...and just sweep every morning and everynight....it's just something you get used to.

~Misty~

Tags
wire cage