Trips!? AGAIN!? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

Trips!? AGAIN!?

Well I know you all like baby pictures so here's some of my trips that are oh so adorable.
It seems Candi our White Ebony female has a big-litter gene in her. We've put her with two different males and both times she's had triplets!!! She has done a lovely job of throwing in her white and ebony genes into the babies so we've gotten alot of color in her kits. Her first trips were a White Ebony Male, a Tan Male and an Ebony Male. ALL BOYS! There is something with her and NOT producing females! Cuz guess what! The trips born this time...WERE ALL BOYS TOO!
There is wayyyyy too much testosterone in this house
These guys will be shown at the 2006 MCBA Natl's and help me towards getting Junior Breeder Award again. The ebony may be shown at an earlier show and sold, if i have some other babies soon. But the two White ebonies will def be at MCBA Natl's and if one of them gets a 1B or better I will be keeping them and possibly selling one of my older males, who is slow to get his girls pregnant.

So, being triplets, they made things very difficult. The first one out, rascal decided he wanted to pick on his brothers and just wouldn't leave them be. Luckily we had a female that had kits a week before so we fostered him to her, which was surprisingly easy. And have been rotating her previous two kits and him. Leaving the other two of the trips with mom. Since the kits were a week older than rascal they wouldn't let him boss them around and we are going to try to have all three together tomorrow and monitor them, since the twins are already eating some regular food.

HERE ARE PICTURES!!!
First up is Rascal, the little devil child. I was going to name him Fang but my mom would let me. LOL he never holds still and is always trying to get out of the holding cage and was climbing all over his foster mom at only 4 hours old.
Look at all the color on hiM!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rascal1.JPG (20.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg rascal2.JPG (20.2 KB, 12 views)

Alicyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

Next up is Tuxedo. He has such unique markings we just didn't know what to call him. He is definitely my favorite, just because of his gorgeous markings. White nose, black upper half of body white horizontal stripe with a black vertical stripe dividing it (almost looks like a bum) and then a black bum and a little white tipped tail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tux1.JPG (24.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg tux2.JPG (19.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg tux3.JPG (32.5 KB, 9 views)

Alicyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

And last but not least is the runt of the litter. We haven't thought of a name for him, but he is verrrry adorable. He didn't want to hold still for his pictures today so they are slightly blurry. Any help with names would be great!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg babe1.JPG (22.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg babe2.JPG (11.7 KB, 7 views)

Alicyn

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

So....adorable!

I want them all.

Karen

[

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Irregular and Proud!

Wow! Congradulations on your good fortune.

Patti

Back in NC again! (Army wife and proud!)
Chinnies: Maureen, Max, and Muad'Dib
Cats: Daphne (who says, I only play with mousie toys with a string tail and a bell.)
And introducing: Tasselhof and Kittira (Hubbie's childhood cats, who are 10 and 9 repectively)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Adorable!!!! I want Tuxedo...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

Two of them will be for sale. The Ebony and one of the white eb's. Just not sure which white eb LOL

Alicyn

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 12:43 AM
Adolescent Pup

Congratulations on your new additions
What wonderful little boys!!!! I love little nonamer hes adorable , they all are!! Try as i may i cannot think of a cute name for nonamer at the moment, i'll post if something comes to me, but knowing my luck you'll already have a name picked out by then

Lois Isabel