UltraSounds? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

Question UltraSounds?

Got a question or two.

1. Anyone have ultrasounds done on a chins heart or stomach(for babies?)? I was wondering about how much you paid.

2. Also, how did they do it? I know for dogs they shave their tummy. Will they shave the chins tummy and near the heart?

The reason I am asking is I plan on having my preggers girl (Candi) ultrasounded(a word?) I just want to make sure all goes well and that she is perfectly healthy (and deep down inside i wanna know HOW many she is having. She is HUGE and isn't due till memorial day weekend. She has gained 150 grams!!)

I was wondering how much an ultrasound of her heart might cost at the most. And would it cost much more to do the stomach/abdomen along with it? I figure Jade might be able to answer this one the best?

Thanks for all info.

Alicyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 09:16 PM

You could have a xray of her abdomen
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I had Wink xrayed to make sure she didn't have anymore kits inside her.She acted like she was trying to have anotherone after the 2 were born.I took her to work with me and they xrayed her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

wow that's lucky. I can't take her to to a vet like that tho. I wish I worked at a vet.

I figured since I want an ultrasound of her heart it might not cost too much more to just do her belly along with it?

Alicyn

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 08:37 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Being that I work at a specialty office, it's probably going to be a lot more. I know an abdominal ultrasound runs $200+, cardiac ultrasound $250+.

What you need to consider is her stress level and whether they need to sedate her. I had Audi x-rayed without sedation and she handles stress VERY well. Now if it were Praline, no way would I take her in because I know she stresses easily. If sedation were necessary, I wouldn't do it unless absolutely necessary due to the potential effects on the kits. Just my two cents.

Stephanie

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

Candi is extremely laid back. I can put her on her back and hold her like a baby. She does fine. I won't have her sedated since she is preggers and she HAS to make it through this pregnancy. And her babies do too.

So are those for seperate procedures or would it cost $450 for BOTH ultrasounds at the same time??

I am definetly going to have an ultrasound done on her heart to make sure she is perfectly healthy. Will it cost an additional 200+ or maybe a little less if i do both?

Is it possible to do both at the same time, even?

I don't HAVE to have an ultrasound/x-ray on her abdomen. I don't reallllly need to know how many kits she has. If it isn't too much more then we might just do it for curiosity. But we won't have an x-ray on top of an ultrasound. I figured maybe they could do the two ultrasounds at the same time and wouldn't charge as much.

Alicyn

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Again, I work at a specialty hospital with board certified internists who perform the ultrasounds. You'll need to contact your local hospital for pricing.

Stephanie

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

k is it possible to do two ultrasounds at the same time tho?
Do they shave the area around it?

Alicyn

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 12:46 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yes it's possible and yes, they will shave the fur away.

Stephanie