Uneducated chin owners and their GREEN-EYED Chins! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Uneducated chin owners and their GREEN-EYED Chins!

Maybe it's just me, but anyone ever heard of a green-eyed chinchilla? Another guy on a chinchilla group claims to be giving away a "brownish-gray, green eyed" chinchilla! Funny, he can't produce pics...I'd try to go see it myself but he's out in Cali. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Never heard of such a thing. I suppose in the right light a brown eyed chin could look green ...

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 01:23 PM

In other words, he has a chin with 'hazel' eyes? Um, maybe he has a cat and is mistaking it for a chin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

I tried to tell him I've only ever heard of chins having black/dark brown, red, pink, and blue eyes, but he insists they are green. Wonder if he got his chin some colored contacts?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 01:25 PM

I wouldn't be surprised! I have heard of chin owners asking if they could dye their chinchilla's fur!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 02:09 PM

That is almost as crazy as the curly haired chinchilla that someone was asking about on another forum, I misread what she had wrote and replied back about a curly tailed chinchilla. LOL
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 02:19 PM

My blue eyed whites eyes look purple in certain light but I never saw green, how pretty though especially on a white

I have a few chins with curly hair!!! It looks like I just unbraided their fur-not appealing for show chins.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 02:22 PM

Ooo! Post some pics of those curly-haired chins! I'm dying to see what one looks like!
And green-eyed chins? Huh. That's a new one on me. I bet a red-haired chin would look good with green eyes. he he he. Could we dye it's hair?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 02:29 PM

Hey Indy
If you die one red I want pics!!!!!

I'll go out and get pics of Samone's wavey locks, thankfully it's recessive. I even have pet customers ask for wavey locks sometimes or long haired chins (got them too) .
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 04:23 PM

I have never heard of a green eyed chin, now I will admit when we picked up Roxie (our blue eyed pink white), the breeder showed us a beautiful mosaic that had grey eyes....They were gorgeous, he of course had to take us outside so we could view both Roxie's eyes well as the mosaics....
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 07:04 PM
Fertile Myrtle

I, too, would love to see pics of a curly-haired chin!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 07:59 PM

Wow I don't know what you are talking about all of my chinchillas have green eyes...........(Kidding LOL) Maybe he is color blind
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinhappy

I'll go out and get pics of Samone's wavey locks, thankfully it's recessive. I even have pet customers ask for wavey locks sometimes or long haired chins (got them too) .
I would love to see both of these~!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 08:36 PM

I actually had someone tell me once they had a green chinchilla.

I should have asked if they were either color blind or dyed their chinchilla's fur.

I honestly have never heard of a chin with green eyes. All of mine either have dark eyes, red eyes or blue eyes.

Tags
blue eyed white, dark brown, red eyes