Update on beaten Simon - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Update on beaten Simon

My poor little Simon's wounds don't look so good. It looks as though his toe and ear may be infected now. I will still use the neosporine until the vet tells me differently. Off to the vets - hopefully tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 11:37 AM
Proud New Mommy

aww... (sorry for me asking, but how old is simon?? i totally missed that) i hope he gets better

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 11:54 AM

Yep, it sounds like Simon needs to see the vet. Keep us informed on how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Simon is about 2 year old. I took him to the vet first thing this morning. His ear (or whats left of it) had to be amputated. It went from looks like it will be okay to really bad so quickly and it looks like he might have started chewing on his toe. What a mess! Poor thing. His health otherwise was okay eating, drinking, excercising. Didn't even bark once through this whole ordeal. I have to call the vets at 3:00 pm to see if he is ready to be picked up. One good thing that came out of this is that he is so much more attached and cuddly towards me. I walk into the room and he just stares at me waiting for my attention. Even my husband noticed it! I'll see if I can get some pictures when I bring home the little Frankenstein!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 01:16 PM

The poor little guy, give him lots of and :hershey::hershey: from me will ya...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Will do!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 01:45 PM
Proud New Mommy

aww...will that mess with him at all? like, make it hard for him to some something that the other chins can do with ease?

im glad u guys got closer!! i know ull keep ur little baby in good health

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Okay he is home. Very quite, probably due to the medication. The doctor did a really nice job on his ear. They were able to save a lot more of it than I thought. He looks sooo pathetic! They had to shave all around his ear so he looks even more lopsided and they shaved the fur around the wound on his back, which is on the same side as his ear. Poor thing at least he will feel better and I rather have a funny looking Simon than no Simon at all!!!!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Actually not much. That just needs antibiotic ointment twice a day and he is taking internal antibiotics as well.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2002, 05:26 PM

How is Simon doing?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2002, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Well I have to give him this sticky pink antibiotic 2x's a day - orally and then I have to put a greasy antibiotic on him 2 x's a day, and no dust baths till he is all healed. You can just imagine how pathetic he looks. He has got sticky greasy fur all over him. Well where he has any fur left! But he is happy. His toe looks much better already and his 1/2 of an ear is doing very well. Did you know how tiny a chinchilla's head actually is? They are all ears! As soon as he heals and gets a dust bath I am sure he will be much happier though.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2002, 06:18 PM

Awwww, I bet Simon will be happy when he gets his dust bath.

For Simon :hershey:

Tags
dust bath, dust baths