Update on our first pregnancy!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Talking Update on our first pregnancy!!!

Ok I know Im not weighing Destiny on a regular basis..

I just can't help myself but weigh her everytime I see her!!!!! Im so excited! I caught her flopping on her side trying to get cumfy in her cage the other day.. Ok- I know it's still early for her to already be uncomforable but it's fun to think about lilttle babies in her tummy!!!

Anyway- here's her weights!
10-27 they mated (Im thinking)

11-1
638g (she had been fluctuating there lately.. )

11-5
648g

11-11
671g

11-12
682g

11-14
691g!!

She's movin on up...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 08:03 PM

Congrats, i hope all goes smotthly!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

(and yesterday her weight was 700)!!

Thanks Capn!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 03:09 PM

Wow, she's gaining fast! Congrats!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 04:26 PM

She is gaining pretty fast. I never noticed any of mine gaining that fast at the beginning of pregnancy, its usually more toward the middle and end.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Sassy!!!!! That's what I was wondering!!! It's nice to hear that from someone that is been in breeding for a while!! I told Kevin and he agreed, too. Hopefully she is closer than we think!! I have everything ready and waiting for those babies! OOOOOOOOOOO I can't wait....

The only thing is though, is I wasn't supplementing her because I didn't think the chances of Pimpy being able to throw a kit being under 5 months old were too high. But I had been weighing her Pretty evenly for a while. Will get those out tomorrow and let everyone know. Either way she had been having Mazuri, hay, and bottled water the whole time.

Last edited by Rocheal; 11-18-2003 at 08:06 PM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2003, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

She dropped down to 695 this morning and is back up to 700... She doesn't weigh too much if she is that pregnant though..

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2003, 05:40 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Since he was so young, there's a possibility that his sperm wasn't viable. He may not be developed enough to actually get her pregnant.

Stephanie

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2003, 07:16 PM

Mine always gain a lot in the last month and a half as well. Ooooooh, I hope there is a baby for you soon

I had a chin just gain 40 grams, hid here pregnancy well, I thought she was in the early stages, and then one morning, out pops a 50 gram kit LOL
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Jade, Im wondering that as well but she has gotten so much bigger and it is visible. Maybe she is just growing?

Jeeze, firefox- I hope so too!!! I'll go grab a pic of her really quick!! (And I'll weigh her)

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

K- She did not want to get out of the cage tonight for some reason!! She weighs 707g and here is a pic of her- she's due for a bath, and I've been petting her so excuse her fur!!

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Here she is again bein' snotty ol' Destiny!

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

And here is the daddy (hopefully!)

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 10:14 PM

I had a chinnie deliver this morning that had only gained 60 grams in the last 9 months (she is 832 grams after delivery) and she delivered a 59 gram kit. We were starting to think that one of the two was sterile.

*Hoping you have kits coming soon*
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2003, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Thanks Sassy.. Me too!! I can't wait until (hopefully) she has them. Or him. Or her. She just seems like she's showing more and more even since that picture. (and I just realized that I uploaded the wrong picture of her standing in her cage... didn't mean to do that one) When she lies down, she's got a flab of fat that squeezes out... She weighed 707 then 702 the next day and right now she weighs 705. *sigh*