Vickie & Torro...5 pics - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Smile Vickie & Torro...5 pics

Hi everyone, here are a few pics of Vickie and Torro, they aren't the greatest of pics, I've also included a pic of the cage, it still needs some adjustments, however not bad for being put together in a day ..... We have now seperated the chinnies because after a week of adjusting, we finally weighed them and we aren't happy with their weights. They said the chinnies were to be about 8 months old, but I just don't think so, I feel they are younger, and their weights show that, although I understand the poor diet they were on, definitely plays a roll in their weight, but we don't want to take any chances, so now we are on the quest for 2 rescue chinnies to pair up in same sex cages .... Oh here are their weights as of today Vickie=267g and Torro=376g .... very small chinnies.....They are in a good home now though .... okay time for pics
Vickie

Torro

The Cage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 10:31 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

They're precious, Kim! Good luck in your search for cage mates.

Stephanie

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 10:59 AM

They are precious Kim, there is no way that those chinnies are 8 months old with those weights (not in my opinion anyway). I know that they will get taken care of with you and Darren.

Good luck on the quest for cage mates(I am sure that there are chinnies near there with these two showing up at a pet store)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Sassy I fully agree, their weights are way too low, and although Vickie appears a little thin, she is definitely not in a danger zone so I am positive they are much younger, now I am clueless as to how old they could be, at first I thought may 5-6 months, but even then I'm not sure because of their weights....UGH!!! I have gained a few contacts around some northern countries, and one lady in Austria has found a rescue male standard about a year old, we are thinking about it, and I have continued to email other's in Germany and so forth....we will see what we can find

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Aww, they are adorable!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 02:31 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwwww Kim!! Vickie and Torro are adorable!!!!!!!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks We are still trying to figure out a proper age for them, hubby is saying 4-5 months, but I just don't know....It's so confusing

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

They are beautiful.They are lucky you have them now.I know you will see they are very well loved and taken care of.Good luck on finding cage mates

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks.... with much searching I finally figured out that if I spell chinchilla right in Italian I would get the information I needed on italian boards, breeders, rescuers, ect.... instead of getting "chinchilla" persian cat breeders

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

Tags
cage mate, pet store