Wanted: Chinchilla Names - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Wanted: Chinchilla Names

I believe we have 2 male kits, 1 female kit, 3 males, and 4 females. But I'm not possitive.. I will check in two or so days. Kevin and I immediately looked at one of the males and said "Grandpaw". It sounds not like a chinchilla name but he non-mistakingly (sp?) looks like a grandpaw. Once they all get settled in (may take a while. They were really upset. Crying almost the whole way home) I will take and post some pictures of them.

Anyway- we need 10 names! I came up with a few:

Snuffy (Not original)
Alister (O.K.)
Ceasar (for whoever seems to be the king!)
Willow (I thought this was adorable)
Chkota (I liked this one, too. Pronounced "Chakota")

Open to any and all suggestions

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

How about Pierre?

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 09:24 PM

Maybe some pics of the new chinnies would help with names
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Yepp! I got the camera brought to me today. I have three adult females, 2 kit females, and one kit male. I will try and post pictures of the kits tomorrow. Right now the adults are too stressed.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Kevin has the kits at his house now. I have one here that I will post today.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 11:03 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Atmosphereic names are fun: Rocket,orbit,cloud,myst,starr,moonie,pluto,thunder ,stormy,blizzard etc
candies,sweets: nugget,honey,nutmeg,snicker,oreo

I like fun cutesie names for my chins and some people like royal type names or human ones

Team Captain: Mother of 250 chinchillas!
New litters weekly...I must be nuts
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 01:07 PM
Part of the Pack

petunia
daisy
rosie
dandy
timothy
camelia
poppy
sugar
jasmine
sasha
lily
sage
pookie
salem
pat
amelia
zorba
lacie
thadeus
cheech & chin (not really recommended but I crack myself up)
dusty
sonny
freckles
Uncle Wiggly
borus

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Sasha and Zorba are adorable names! I love the atmosphereic names, also. Myst is a cute name...

Cheech and Chin

Thanks for the suggestions, I will definately use them!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 11:15 PM
Adolescent Pup

hahahaha cheech and chin, thats great! but cheech and chong would be funny too. or thelma and louise, sonny and cher, bonnie and clyde, rocky and bullwinkle

famous duos are always fun... or for a threesome of males, larry, moe and curly (the three stooges)

go for famous people names from movies... like hercules, pocahontas, lilo & stitch, Nemo is cute...

thats all i can think of for now... How bout letting us see some pictures and telling us if you've picked any names!!!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 11:50 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

how about Chang and Ang if two of them look like twins?

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

LOL!!! I LOVE Chang and Ang!

Wheelie, you're a nut