What is the best to find your chinchillas a new home? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Exclamation What is the best to find your chinchillas a new home?

Hi Guys!! I haven't been on in a long time-I was a member under the same name about 3 years ago when I bought my first chin, but I haven't been on lately. Anyway, my son and I are living with my mother due to my divorce, my mom wants my chinchillas gone in a month!! Her house is just not large enough for all of us. What have you found to be the best way to find new homes for your chins. I prefer not to ship, I have 4 adults and 2 one week old kits. (My mother does understand they can't find a home for the next seven weeks). Anyway, where is the best place to start. I am very picky on who my babies go to. It will NOT be a pet store!! I am also kind of scared to put them in the local paper. Anyway, please post or e-mail with ideas.

Aimee'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 08:04 PM
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

classifieds. Your news paper or online ones in forums like Paw-Talk. That's the first place to advertise.

Alicyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Miss New Booty

Pokey has good advice!
Where are you at in Florida? I live in FL, too, I wish I could take one, but I know I can't! I will try to think of some other ideas for ya! I'm sure everyone else will have great suggestions as well. So sorry you have to sell your chinnies!
BTW, back to PT!

~* Jackie *~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Post an ad at petfinder.org.

Rhonda

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 11:04 PM

Paw talk classifieds and there are other forums that have classifieds too, some pet stores have a bulletin board where you may be able to post them.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I am in Jacksonville, Florida. I am listing them in my local paper. And I will go from there. Thank you for the advice. Please let me know if you have anymore.

Aimee'

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Adolescent Pup

Hi, I'm in Jacksonville too. Alot of the vets in town have bulletin boards for ads. You can place an ad on Exoticpets.com and I've seen people from all over Florida use Ocala4sale.com.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

What about trying a rescue? The rescue that I got my rabbits from fosters hamsters and chins as well.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Well, I am hoping I don't have to go to a rescue. I still have a month. And I would like to see what kind of homes they go to. I would prefer them to go to another reputable breeder. No matter what, I won't let them go to bad homes. If you know someone whoe would like some info, please get them my e-mail address.

Aimee'

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Well, my ad comes out tomorrow. We just all need to pray that I can find them GOOD homes!!

Aimee'

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Fertile Myrtle

Hey Aimee!!

Jade has a GREAT questionaire that she has all potential buyers fill out - it HELPS a lot in finding new homes for chinnies!

I'm sorry about your situation, are you keeping Jag?

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

If I keep any of them, it will be him. He is by far, the best chin I have. I will be very picky about any home he goes to. (And I am trying to talk my sister into taking him.)

Aimee'

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I tried to post another thread, I am not sure if it worked. If it does, sorry about the double post. He is by far the best chin I have and the sweetest. (I am trying to talk my sister into taking him.) I might be able to keep him but I doubt it. My mom's house is just too small and she has started complaning...alot. But, I might be able to talk her into keeping one.

Aimee'

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 06:47 AM
Playful Pup

I have my number listed with a higher end pet store. They do not sell chins. If someone comes in asking for one they call me. I get to talk to the potential new parents. Most people that are looking already have one and are looking for a cagemate.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thats a good idea too. I just don't like most of the pet stores close to our home.

Aimee'

Tags
pet store, pet stores, reputable breeder