what are some good toys for my chin??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

what are some good toys for my chin???

i want to get my chilli some new toys but i'm not sure whats the best kind i can give to him. someone please help me THANKS

why breed or buy when shelter animals die

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

home to:
1 dog a pit bull named Troy and a border collie/golden retrever/boxer mix named Amber

and 7 cats (Butterfly, Furchol, Carmel, Nova, Hope, Shaddy& Christian)

3 rats Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Oily Chickenspew

i buy my andy bird toys that are just rope and wood (no plastics or anything else) he loves them and keeps him occupied for hrs!!!

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Adolescent Pup

I like Ka-bobs, you can buy it and add more wooden toys to them, and arrange them the way you want and then hang it in the cage, my chins have four in various locations. When the wood is gone I just replace it. Also mine like the Big Branch Bites. (You can get all these from Petco or Petsmart) My female also likes her stuffed animals. I buy her little cat toys and take all the tags, tails, whiskers (etc.) off before I give it to her. Her favorite thing to do is drag a stuffed toy all the way to the top of her cage (5') and drop it and watch it fall, then go back down and get it drag it back to the top and watch it fall. My male has no interest in stuffed toys except for to cuddle with them.

There is no one TRUE way

* Chloe * Jinx * Berry *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

thanks keep the suggestions pooring in i appreacite it.

home to:
1 dog a pit bull named Troy and a border collie/golden retrever/boxer mix named Amber

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Adolescent Pup

Wheels and wood chew toys are the best. There are lots of sites that sell them online, or you can make your own. But make sure you use a safe kind of wood (like untreated pine). No plastic either.

My chins also like the jump on lots of ledges or munch on hay from a hay rack. That can keep them entertained too.

NaTaLiE

Setsuki (std) Coolio (bv) Butters (pw) & Diamond (sap) the chinchillas
Mortimer the cat
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Naked Dog Mom

We have a wheel, a wooden bird toy that hangs from the top of the cage, and three wooden ledges for her to stand on/climb on, a hammock, and an igloo.

I don't think there's room for anything else in Pikachu's cage, lol.

Momma to three pups:

Ein, Pembroke Welsh Corgi (black headed tri) born 7/12/2004
Tucker, golden colored lab mix, rescue - est dob fall 2004
Colleen rough collie (sable and white), rescue - est dob: 2003-2004
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Adolescent Pup

A lot of chins like willow balls you could try that. The best place to order is http://mysticmosaics.org/index.html. She has a bunch of really cool toys and other stuff too.

There is no one TRUE way

* Chloe * Jinx * Berry *
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Adolescent Pup

I also like http://www.rivendellunlimited.com/ChinStore.htm Riven has some cool stuff too.

There is no one TRUE way

* Chloe * Jinx * Berry *
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Adolescent Pup

If you wanna save money paper towel rolls keep Hailey busy all day. She drags them up her cage and pushes them down. She also has a big fluffy towel that she likes to move and hide under. She loves her kaabobs and igloo and ledges too.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

i knew ginnie pigs and hampsers could have paper towel rolls thanks for telling me chinchillas can too i'll keep that in mind

home to:

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 01:34 AM
Adolescent Pup

You can actually stuff hay in the toilet paper roll, it will make it more interesting and fun. I also cut them up into different sizes and hide them around the cage, sometimes I will break their hay blocks up and hide them too. Just like feeding time at the zoo. Gotta make things interesting and fun for the critters. LOL!

There is no one TRUE way

* Chloe * Jinx * Berry *
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

thanks thats a great idea!!! i think i'll try that

home to:

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullforever
thanks thats a great idea!!! i think i'll try that
No problem...
Anytime.

There is no one TRUE way

* Chloe * Jinx * Berry *
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

i tryed it and he LOVES it thanks

home to:

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 12:11 AM
Adolescent Pup

Good I'm glad. Chins can be so weird sometimes... lol!

There is no one TRUE way

* Chloe * Jinx * Berry *

Tags
bird toys, chew toy, chew toys, hay rack, stuffed animal, stuffed animals