What would you call this color? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Smile What would you call this color?

Okay so it's an addiction what can we say
We contacted the breeder that we bought Bacio and Chino from to possibly get a same sex mate for eve, well we came home with 2 females, a homo beige and a blue eyed white.
Now the blue eyed white has us a little baffled, what do we call her coloring? Would it be called an Apricot (as we have heard before), or a snow white? I know she couldn't be a pink white as she has blue eyes.
We have named her Roxie and no pictures yet, but I will be sure to get some soon, she is completely white, pinkish ears, with blue eyes. She is a beauty that is for sure.
Roxie (the white) was born April 4th and weighs 340g
Roo (the homo beige) was born March 25th and weighs 417g
Any help on possible color coding for Roxie would be great.....
Darren gave Roxie her name from (Clorox) haha and well Roo is the color of a kangaroo, well okay not exactly but you get the picture
Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 08:42 AM
Irregular and Proud!

What color were Roxie's parents? That may help or not as we've all probably seen a baby whose color can not be explained by their parents and simple application of Punnit squares.

Don't know much about white chins myself, so I won't offer an opinion.

Patti

Back in NC again! (Army wife and proud!)
Chinnies: Maureen, Max, and Muad'Dib
Cats: Daphne (who says, I only play with mousie toys with a string tail and a bell.)
And introducing: Tasselhof and Kittira (Hubbie's childhood cats, who are 10 and 9 repectively)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

The breeder is emailing us Roxie's pedigree, he said he would have it to us in about 2 days. I was pretty much thinking that the color of her parents could help determine her coloring coding as well I am pretty familiar white chins, just not an all white with blue eyes
Thanks anyways Patti

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 01:33 PM

sounds like a pink white to me, the only thing that makes me think otherwise is the blue eyes. Does she have any coloring on her at all? Gray, Beige, Ebony? that would make her a mosaic
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

No she is pure white Sassy, as white as snow to be exact....I'm going to try and get pic's soon, but trying to give her and Roo a few days to settle, but who know's maybe I can get some later tonight.....She has the prettiest blue eyes, and they look dark but when you hold her near a light the blue shines right through.
The breeder also had a beautiful mosaic with grey eyes, but Darren and I wanted a blue eyed chinnie
The breeder said the german site he goes to called her an "apricot" but I don't know {shrug}

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

My guess would be a pink white if she's snow white and the breeder is calling her 'apricot'. There are some rarer blue eyed beiges out there. Then again, there are some blue eyed whites too, so pedigree would probably be the only way to really determine.

Here's a snippet from a page listing breeders that makes me think she's pink white:
"Nordchinchillas.de Join Date: January 02, 2003
We are Hobby Breeders situated in the North of Germany. Our Stock consists of 35 Chinchillas at the moment. We have the following Colour Mutations: Standard, Black Velvet, Pastel Ebony, Homo Beige, Hetero Beige, Hetero Ebony, Violet, Violet Velvet, White Mosaik, Wilson White and Apricot(Pink White)."

I tried to load the page but their english version isn't working, apparently.

Stephanie

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks Jade... I have visited that site on more than one occasion and can never get the english version to load either.....When the breeder emails us the pedigree I will surely know more, he was quite busy yesterday with family so we didn't want to rush him on the pedigree. He is so nice though, and even said when it is time for us to go back to the states he will get all the necessary paperwork together and take it to where it needs to go and get stamped and so forth for transporting out of the country
Other than the blue eyes she looks like a very white pink white
Pictures to come soon!!!

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Sort of ON topic, but sort of OFF topic...
What's the difference between a Wilson White and a Pink White? I thought they were the same?

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Wilson White is a particular line of white, commonly mis-used to describe mostly white 'mosaics'. Techinically I don't believe there is any beige in the line. It's characterized by the black ears, if I remember right.

Pink white is white with a beige influence. It can vary from obvious beige spots (like a mosaic) to all white with pink ears.

Stephanie

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Ahhh...thanks for clearing that up!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Kim, I can't wait to see pictures of her. A blue eyed, white coloured chinnie? She sounds amazing!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 06:43 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

I've heard of several white chins with blue eyes in the USA but have never seen one. Can't wait to see pictures!

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 09:30 PM

Kim you can go to my site and see Mumruff a wilson white.

Diffently sounds like a pink white
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks for the added info..... I have seen a wilson white before and I know Roxie isn't one because she has the pink ears.......Here is some more info, although she and Roo and still going through their destress period we still took them out for photo's. After looking at Roxie very closely she appears to have some beige through the base of her tail, it's slightly there but it's there, so it will be interesting to see if it darkens up, so I'm thinking that she is a pink white. I will try to upload the pics today, however they didn't appear to be that great, the light from the flash made her eyes look red, UGH!!! I did take a few w/out the flash so maybe just maybe her blue eyes will show through. When we were at the breeders he had us take her outside so we could clearly see she had blue eyes, they are the deepest and prettiest blue eys I have ever seen, especially on a chinnie Still waiting on their pedigrees as I know that will make a big difference, but for now I'm thinking Pink White!!

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

Tags
black velvet, blue eyed white, hetero beige, hetero ebony, homo beige