Whats wrong with Pimpster? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2003, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Exclamation Whats wrong with Pimpster?

Im gonna make this short and quick because I want to know whats wrong with him as soon as possible.

I came into my room and he was screaming his head off (Almost the sound babies make to their moms). I ran over to his cage and nothing seemed to be wrong but he kept crying. Destiny had spit all over her when I looked at her and bedding was stuck to her butt. It didnt look like a fight because their was no fur thrown, Destiny is the dominant one she was the one that had the spit on her and there was no blood. I looked at Pimpster's penis and I dont know how to explain this but the hole was bigger then normal. They are both acting normal and seem to be fine but when I open the door is when he stopped crying.

Do you think they just mated?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2003, 02:12 AM

I think they either mated or Pimpster tried and Destiny didn't like it much As long as there's no injuries, I would say they just got in a little spat or maybe that was the "I just mated" call some chins do.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2003, 06:59 AM

I agree with Becki. Write the date down and start weighing her weekly you might have babies coming in 111 days
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

You should also check him for a hair ring.

Stephanie

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Checked him for a hair ring.. He's completely fine!

Im so excited.. I can hardly contain myself!! This will obviously be my first pregnancy I really hope she's pregnant! I looked around for a plug the night that happened but I couldn't find anything. I know they're hard to see, but I was just hoping I might find one! im so happy!!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 07:05 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

It's exciting. Congrats!

Stephanie

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 10:32 PM

I have only found three mating plugs in the 4 1/2 years I have been breeding they either eat them or they get mixed into the shavings.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

I don't feel so bad now!! What do they feel like, or have you felt one?

I weighed Destiny today and she's right at 658 grams.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 06:46 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Basically a mating plug is excess sperm expelled from the vagina. From what I understand, it's fluidy like mucous when it first comes out, and then dries to what you normally find.

Stephanie

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Im glad I didn't find it when it first came out. I wouldn't have enjoyed setting my hand in excess sperm.. I really hope she's pregnant if they mated, Pimpster is still very young to throw..(was born 5-11-03) Possible, but not too likely...