Where do you get your chinnie stuff? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Angry Where do you get your chinnie stuff?

I absolutely love chinworld, they are REALLY nice there, and the products are GREAT, but the shipping is outrageous! I know that it is not their fault at all, but man, it's killing me when my shipping costs almost as much as my food and toys order! Since I've got my income tax back, I don't mind, but when money gets short I'm almost tempted to get petshop food.

Where do you get your food and toys?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 09:33 AM

Scarlette, you could ask the place where you buy your horse produsts(a local feed store) about ordering chinchilla pellets for you. I buy Mazuri locally. You can also go to Mazuri's website and do a location search it would tell you if there is a location close to you.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 09:39 AM

We buy our Mazuri locally, we used to get it from our local feed store right up the road they bought large quantities and would sell 25 pound bags for $8 but then I didn't like the idea of NOT knowing the date on the bag, so to get the actual bag itself with the pellets it was like $11.35 or something, but thanks to Denise she pointed me to another feed store where I can get the Mazuri pellets for around $10, I also buy my hay and kiln dried pine from the feed store right up the road. As for toys ect, we tend to buy alot of parrot type toys (wooden) ect.... In order for us to get good prices, we shop at a wide variety of pet and feed stores
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

The feed store that I use (and the only one around here) deals with purina products......I will definitely check with them. My problem is that I'm in the middle of no-where, and I only know of 1 other chinchilla person remotely close to me and they feed petshop food. I don't know if a feed store would be willing to buy 25 pounds every 3 months just for me, but it's something I will definitely check out. Thanks for the idea.

I'm also worried about how fresh it is when you buy from a feed store NavyWife. I've gotten some pretty old horse feed from feed stores, so it makes me a little nervous.

Rhonda

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

I just checked and the closest dealer to me is an hour away and I haven't heard great things about that feed store. I will call the one closer to me and see if they can/will get chinchilla food.

Rhonda

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 11:00 AM

Talking

I buy my food and toys from all over. I buy my hay and pellet from American Pet Diner, supplement from Ann Ingram, toys from PetSmart and bedding from the same feeds store Kim (Navy Wife) does. I am currently working on using another type of bedding so but I will have to order it online.....
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 11:46 AM

I get my Mazuri from the farm store down the road. They never sell it so we have to order it and they call us up when it gets in. We also get our guinea pig food from them and some of our bedding. I wish they could be a tiny bit cheaper tho. 12.50 for a 25 lb bag not including tas. like 13.33 total or soemthing. I get my toys from cedarview farm exotics and from petsmart's bird section. (manzanita brnaches) I prefer petco over petsmart tho.

Tags
chinchilla pellets, dried pine, guinea pig, guinea pig food, kiln dried, kiln dried pine, pig food