Who's going to the SC Show tomorrow? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Who's going to the SC Show tomorrow?

Ok so who's going?
I'll be there of course! I've got six going, some of which are from my own breeding...first time showing my own bred chinnies so I'm freakishly nervous!
I can't wait!!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Of course I'm going. I'm just taking Pecan, but he looks fantastic so my hopes are high.

I understand nervous, I was a WRECK when Mirage was up last year! Deep breaths!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Playful Pup

Good luck guys!

Animal Lover through and through!

Annie and Mishter Wittle!

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter... the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment, and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied. "I created You."
~ Jim Willis, Author, Animal Rights Activist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Part of the Pack

Good Luck!! I'd love to go to a chin show once but I don't know of any around here My hubby wants to put our girl, Chilla, in a show, but I said give her a few years she's not even 1 yet! She would probably be scared!

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

Chilla, our female

Twin boys, Cadbury and Punkin
Casper.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Good luck!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Well, it was a success.

I started out the day wondering what on earth I was thinking taking a standard when Shoots was there (they usually do no worse than 1st place for all their animals and frequently win grand show among other awards). There were a TON of down right GORGEOUS standards. I was a nervous wreck!

Here's Pecan before the show:

Turns out, Pecan held his own. He was placed in the extra dark class, which surprised me as I thought he was lighter but that's a good thing for me to know. When his turn came up everyone on the table was immediately awarded a first, it just came down to deciding the two best of the group (A and B, with A being better of the two).

Here's that grouping:

He was one of the last 4 on the table but finally got passed up, so he got a first place, which doesn't disappoint me in the least considering what he was up against! The judging was a lot stricter than at past shows, with 4th places being given and even putting an animal 'off the table' due to being in such poor show shape. I was surprised, but glad they're getting strict; maybe that'll discourage some less than quality breeders.

Here is Pecan with his 'blue dot' tag. I didn't have time to get one with his ribbon because I was busy helping clean up, but it'll be hanging in my chin room soon enough.

I only got a few pictures but here's one of the Champion Males:

Cage 61 ultimately took Grand Show. He was bred by Becky West (Becky here) and belongs to Kim, aka NavyWife97 here.

Mandie/Chinchilla_Girl also did well. I can't remember all of hers but I know Kir (bred by me, from Audi and Obi who is no longer in my herd due to the type of babies he threw and his discontent with being a bachelor) got a second place and Pompeii, who is out of Mercedes (also bred by me out of the same pair) and her Ty, got a first place.

Congrats to all!

Stephanie

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 02:04 PM
Fertile Myrtle

Sweeeeeeeeet!!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Here are some pictures ... I didn't get the chance to take alot of pictures as I was learning how to do ribbons and trying to help keep track of how all the chins were placing.

This was the judging for Male Champion

This is Diamond he ended up with Male Color Section Champion

This is Arial she took a 1st in the Medium Violets Color Phase (she is a TOV) and is still for sale

The last 2 are of Earnhardt after the show, so the paper on the tables were already taken up ... I plan to take better pics of him with his winnings

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Part of the Pack

Congrats!!

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

Chilla, our female

Twin boys, Cadbury and Punkin
Casper.

Tags
chin room