Willow's Cage. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Willow's Cage.

Hey PT. I have procrastonated and haven't posted Willow's new pictures, or her cage... So I thought I would take the time and show ya'll some pics.

At three weeks old. She is one month and two days old today

Now here are the cage pictures! I have not finished framing. I also have to frame the doors but I ran out of wood! It is 4ft tall, 3 1/2ft wide and 18in deep. ( Just an FYI, a fleece bride will be crossing through the middle just incase she ever fell, it would catch her.

Different angles.

With the pan pulled out a bit

That is it for now, I will post more pictures when it is finished, also when I get Willow home. ( I am going to visit her for a little bit Sunday afternoon. I am so excited! )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

What a spoiled baby! How did you attach the shelves?

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

We screwed them in from the back. They are extremely sturdy... we used long screws for some of the stuff ( like those ledges ) just because they only attached from one side. If need be, we will put supports on the bottom of the shelves.

Last edited by ChinnyMom; 01-03-2008 at 01:41 PM. Reason: just adding something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

She is so adorable and that cage looks lovely!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinnyMom View Post
We screwed them in from the back. They are extremely sturdy... we used long screws for some of the stuff ( like those ledges ) just because they only attached from one side. If need be, we will put supports on the bottom of the shelves.
I asked only because I had some shelves held in by under supports with glue and my ex put in a nail to give it added support but didn't tell me so I wasn't looking for it. Praline got cut pretty badly from jumping and getting caught on it. Just keep an eye on the shelves when they start chewing, they should be fine.

Stephanie

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade View Post
I asked only because I had some shelves held in by under supports with glue and my ex put in a nail to give it added support but didn't tell me so I wasn't looking for it. Praline got cut pretty badly from jumping and getting caught on it. Just keep an eye on the shelves when they start chewing, they should be fine.

I remember reading that! I'm so sorry that happend... she looked so miserable! I will definitely deep a close eye on those shelves.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

That looks so cool ^_^

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo