Would you like....... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Smile Would you like.......

to be added to our site?

We had put together a website about a year or so ago on geocities. After us moving to Italy, there was really no reason (so we thought) at the time to go further with it, seeing as we sold off all our chinnies.
Anyhow before getting chinnies here I had been playing around with the site again, and well we decided to purchase a domain name and make it official. That included changing the name, ect.
I am still working on the site, and it has come along great, at least I think so.
If you would like to be listed as a breeder or supplier, please feel free to post your site or pm me with the link.
Jade gave me permission to ask you all, so this is okay
YAY

For those of you that have other exotic sites please feel free to do the same, as eventually I will be adding an additional page for non-chinnie information as well.
If you would like to take a look at our site to let us what you think, or what either needs to be changed, added, deleted or what not to improve our new site, please take a look ChinniePaws
Please keep in mind I am still working on it, as I have only had it up for a few days, and I'm sure I need to change a few things here and there.....
Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Part of the Pack

It's looking good ! Nice layout, good color schema, easy to navigate, good links for further info, I like the name, relevant content I just opened a site for my chins and working on content now but I am not going to invest in a domain name until after babies come..I am being superstitious but I don't want to jinx anything around here with the way stuff has been going lately.

Good stuff !

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks for the compliments Jenn It's so hard putting together a site that can remain simple yet informational.
Best of luck on your site, after the babies come of course

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

It looks Great, Kim!!

Btw, Chinnitude is in NC. We moved last September.

Stephanie

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

lol ya know I knew that, because we briefly talked about that when we were trying to get orders back to virginia.....HaHaHa!!!!
Thanks, I changed the site again had a fight with the layout and I lost

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 11:25 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Looks really good!

Team Captain: Mother of 250 chinchillas!
New litters weekly...I must be nuts
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks and I got your PM

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Proud New Mommy

Found ONE "error"

"Chinchillas are great animals, the can be wonderful pets" (its on the home page)

I contacted you through your webpage.. It looks really nice, I love the layout and colors- You must've worked hard on it!! Congrats on the site.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Looking through more closely, there are a few personal preference changes I wanted to suggest.

On the main page as well as other tables you use, you might look at using Cell Padding. It adds space around your text to give kind of a bumper between text and table. It looks more professional, IMHO.

When I go to the chinnie pages, the table background is a bright blue that totally contrasts with the colors of the site.

And on the links throughout the site, you can change the color that they display. A good color would be black or a darker teal, rather than the traditional blue - it also tends to contrast. You can change this per page by setting the body tag up.

Just personal preference suggestions, nothing major. All in all, it looks great!

Stephanie

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Yeah I mentioned about having a fight with the previous layout, thanks for the suggestions as those are one's I hadn't fixed Jade as far as the table background for the chinnies I totally forgot to change that back after resetting the layout, thanks for the heads up, it was at one time a darker teal like the top of the page, oopsie
OH and don't get me started on the links page, I have had more problems working on that darn page than you can imagine
Rocheal thanks, it is always great to have a different set of eyes

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

Tags
wonderful pets