y is he soo evil? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 11:47 AM
evil_beige

Post y is he soo evil?

ok i dont know whether or not the breeder sold me a freak chinny, but he is absolutly nuts!...read on to find out some of the things my gizzmo gets up2.

my chinchilla gizzmo is a 4month old male beige chinchilla. we've had him since he was 10wks old at which time the breeder warned me that he was a bit hyper....understatement of the millenium!!!he sleeps in the day and we let him out in the night...in which time he

jumps all over us untill we get up and play with him

climbs all my bedroom furniture(and thinks its funny to jump on us from great heights)

pulls hair out of our head/arms/legs/even my bf's armpits

pinches ciggarette nips out of the ashtray and eats them

pinches money/jewelry/lighters/socks/teddys/hair bands...anything he can get his paws on...oh and he trys to attack ppl that come into the room which aint ourselfs

is this normal for him to be so...well naughty?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 04:37 PM

LOL! That sounds about right for a chinchilla! He might calm down as he gets a little older, but maybe not, he might just be a little ball of energy forever! Be careful with what you let him eat though, they ciggarrete butts worry me! Eating everything they can get thier little mouths on is normal chinchilla behavior too Maybe you could get him a friend to play with so he doesn't terrorize you as much? Make sure he's got plenty of toys to chew and play with too, they're very smart and they get bored easily.

Welcome to the forum btw!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 04:43 PM
evil_beige

yep he has loads of toys...balls, teddys, chew sticks and ropes and he has tubes and laces ans bells and mirrors...but he loves to play with me...he jumps all over me and pulls my hair...i do try my hardest to keep the ashtray away from him lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 06:27 PM
Member formerly known as MistyLea21

Sarah, that is typical chinchilla. But you need to limit him to one room that is as safe as possible. In other words. Pick up ash trays and any other small things that you may not want teeth marks in. In other words... don't let him play in a room where he has access to a bunch of stuff. It is not safe for him to be in a room with access to hair bands, jewelery etc.
You should really try a bathroom, with the toilet seat down of course. Either that or clean up better before letting chinnie out and use better precation. Cause at this rate and accident is waiting to happen. Whether it be from him picking up something not safe, or getting behind something, or chewing wires, falling from a great height, etc. Just sounds like you are not using wise precaution when letting your little fella out.

Misty

Silver Mist Studios

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Custom Designer Jewelry, Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads and More!

Eyes Of Texas Chinchillas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 05:32 PM
evil_beige

actuall i know how to look after my chinnie just fine thank u...u think after hes done things once that i just leave him to do it again?!...wrong.

my cleaning skills r fine! and no he does not have access to the ashtrey/wires/hair bands any more..they r just examples of the things he used to get up to when we first had him (and dont any more as i make sure things are put away)..do you take me for an utter fool!?
he is limited to one room, our room which is totaly chinny safe and he is always supervised..and as far as climbing...hes an animal i cant brainwash him into not climbing all i can do is get him down and correct him when doing so..sorry if your doc doolittle but im not

all i can say is that u totaly mis read my post and hopefully you'll think twice about patrinising me in future

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Just a friendly reminder to keep this thread civil, please.

Stephanie

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 09:54 AM
Member formerly known as MistyLea21

Well excuse me! Yanno people come to forums all the time that don't have a CLUE about chins and we DO have to warn them of everything just incase. And you never said this is stuff that he USED to do and that you no longer allow him. You said you would "try" to keep him from the ashtray.
So excuse me for living!!!

Misty

Silver Mist Studios

Custom Designer Jewelry, Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads and More!

Eyes Of Texas Chinchillas

Closed Thread