Yay!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Yay!!!

On Saturday my mom and I ordered cage builing supplies from Martin's Cages. On Mon they said they shipped everything out. We got the stuff today!!! I've already started to build the cages. I have one panel of an 18" x 30" x 24" cage. the panel with a door. I am so proud of myself! Also, from the scraps I built a ledge for my chins!

I will put up a before picture once my camera stops being a butt. And in 7 days or so put up an After picture. I need these cages done by friday (when I get my three new chins) but I don't think it will happen. I am dividing one of the cages and two will be cooped up a little until I finish.

By the end of these 3 cages I will be beaming. One cage is for my GP!

Anyone have any tips for building cages? I've flattened the wire mesh by using the back of the couch (works wonders until we get a new one) and I have those c ring thingies. i have the tool for them too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 10:43 PM

Good for you! I don't think I could make my own, I have to have everything measured for me and I have no imagination! I know how time consuming those Martin Cages can be when you have a lot or in my case One big one. It took me 5 hours to put together my 5'x3'x2 1/2' cage. My hand was cramped for days. I at first thought that it would be so much easier to use different pliers that I had but it turns out those wierd little tools they give you work wonders.

Tags
wire mesh