"[username]" Ferret Information.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Talking "[username]" Ferret Information..

"[username]"

do you have any reccomendations on Ferret Toys. I can never get my baby enough?!?!?

Thanks,

-Tabitha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 01:06 AM

HI Tabitha!
I haven't been here in a while, just popped back in tonight and seen this thread.

Our ferrets love those fuzzy mice we get for the cats, I found a few "skinned" ones laying around! Rocky loves to carry around baby pacifiers

That's all I can think of at the monent.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Thanks,
Yea Cinn loves plush things and dollys small ones. However I gave her a mini troll doll and all she did was smack it against my head when she wanted something...Little Brat.

I will try the mice & the pacificer. Good sugestions.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

First when it comes to toys-

I would honestly recommend staying away from rubber! (such as pacifiers ) Rubber is the #1 cause of blockages in ferrets & could cost them their lives

In my experience ...

tennis balls were a favorite
empty card board boxes turned upside down
accordian dryer tubes (there actually is one made just for ferts)
fleece cat balls
fleece blankets
most cat toys (especially the mice & the balls that make noise - but not the open plastic ones)
Quite often you can find stuff around your house which makes for cheap toys- large cereal boxes, empty oatmeal containers with both ends cut open, a "dig box" which is made by using a plastic bin & filled with white rice (not instant!) or shredded paper (some people even use sand but I find it much harder to clean up)

Just use your imagination- if they can hide in it they will like it! If it makes noise (bells, plastic crinkling, rattles, etc) they will probably like it.

Just remember to inspect all toys daily for wear & tear & try to stay away from rubber & soft plastic as these are both cause for blockages. (although if destroyed anything is cause for a blockage which is why you should inspect daily.)

I do not have my ferrets anymore but am more than happy to offer advice & suggestions if I can

Good Luck with the toys... you can NEVER have too many for them!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Fstybrat.

Thank you for your advice. We have never had a ferret come in for anything like that. Here in Cali there are few ferrets! lolz!

Stupid laws.

Anyway... i will try using some of those. She loves hard plastic toys because she can slam they against my FACE!

Grrrr Gotta love a ferret with a sense of humor. lolz!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:26 PM

Kay, why don't you have your ferrets anymore? (Sorry if I'm prying, I don't mean to do that at all!) Did I miss something?
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 08:18 PM

Wink This is pennypooh

I am sorry I do not have ferrets but I have degus and you have had quite a few good suggestions Thanks, Sorry talk to you all soon.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Natalie- no you didn't miss anything - I know it sounds awful, but I was merely avoiding the subject - To make a long story short (& without hijacking this thread) I had to rehome my ferts & it was really hard on me, especially with Snoopy. It was really for their best interest. They (Snoopy & Winnie) are back with Tigger & Mojo again as they went to the same person that took those 2 a couple years ago. I will admit ferrets will always tug at my heart strings... but I won't be getting anymore. SO I will live vicariously through others now.

Penny... no need to be sorry You can most deffinately use my suggestions for your degus... I don't honestly know much about degus, so I can't offer any specific warnings about them - just use common sense I guess

DVM- I will NEVER turn my back on a fellow ferret lover or ferret if I can help it- but must say I didn't realize you live in CA. Ferrets are indeed illegal in CA so I in good judgement can't support your decision to own a ferret right now.... It is just too much of a risk for that ferret should you get caught with her, including possible euthinasia if I'm not mistaken. Either way - please be careful I'd hate to see you & her separated! She is indeed adorable!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 08:52 PM

I'm sorry Kay. Rehoming an animal can sometimes take the greatest responsibility and love.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Fstybrat.

Actually i have a permit for her. She was rescued from an owner who brought her illegally into Cali 4 yrs ago, they needed to re-home her due to incidents that happened and i got a permit for her ONLY after i showed proof that she had been spayed, was clear of disease, and was de oderized. I also had to have her cage reviewed.

So i am permitted to keep her in California until the day she dies as long as she has no other contact with any other ferrets, and i do not take her out of the state and then back in and i have to pay 350.00 a year in liscense fees.

So yes they are illegal but shes PERMITTED!

She wont ever be leaving me. I love her soo much shes such a darling ham
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

That is so wonderful to hear that you have done the leg work to keep her safe! I'm sure she is in good hands with you!

I think we need pictures of her now
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Fstybrat.

There was NO way come Heck or high water that i was going to take her into safety if there was a chance that she would ever be taken away and euthanised.

It took 4 1/2 months to have her permitted but it was worth it.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 10:13 PM

Hmm... Im AmandaDi, but I have no ferrets so I dunno what to offer ya! Glad others had advice though!
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 01:13 PM

My guys really love those cat teasers with a ball or something on a string that you move around. I have one with a ball that Boo will go get and bring to me so they can play. (spoiled little weasels ) They also like the dig boxes like fstybrat recommended. I also have the tubes running my house. Also with cat toys make sure that none of them have cat nip on them or in them as it is toxic.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

I bought just regular furry mice for her, she refuses to play with them. She loves her squishy soccer and basketball toys, loves her troll doll, but wont play with any of the cat toys. She loves the dig box though! lolz!