Ahhh I hate decisions - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Thumbs down Ahhh I hate decisions

Ok guys... here's the deal...

Tomorrow night at 6:30 I am supposed to go look at the dark eyed white (DEW) ferret I have been talking about...

The shelter mom also has a very pretty silver ferret as well...

I like them both! I have always wanted a white... but then again this particular silver is unlike any other I've seen. UGH!

My hubby said if we could afford it he wouldn't care if I got them both! BUT I don't have an extra 200.00 right now for both of them
We'll see which one I come home with tomorrow...
Here's a picture of both of them:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

tough decision they are both beauties it is costing you $200 to adopt a ferret? or did I read that wrong, lol.. Just curious because the 2 out of 3 we adopted cost us $90 for the pair (Mackey & Meesha) Good luck on your decision, and which ever one you choose, I'm sure it will be because he or she chose you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 10:11 PM

Maybe since it is a shelter, if you take both they will give you a deal

I definitely couldn't make that decision. I LOVE black eyed whites myself, but that little silver one is so cute! Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

the shelter wants 95.00 each
I certainly understand the cost involved in running a shelter and all, but was hoping if I mentioned I was interested in both of them she may gove me a deal??? Maybe when we meet in person things will change? (I'm HOPING!) but at this point it is 95 each (190.00 for both). As far as I know she has only had them for about a week or 2?? Either way you look at it I think she was sweet to take them in... I really wish I could rescue both then they stay together, especially with the white one being deaf. There is a 3rd one too but she is a standard sable and I don't want another one of those yet (reminds me too much of Sissy).

Cross fingers for me... maybe once she meets us she will decide differently? (I don't want to sound greedy & ask either... I have mentioned that I cannot afford to buy both at that price though)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 09:20 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I wish you luck, and who knows maybe you will be leaving with both ya know I think that is why we got such a good deal, we went to the shelter here, expecting to pay $90 each, and when they said the total was $90 for the 2 of them, we were shocked (HAPPY) but shocked.... We also took our mookie there and the 3 of them played for nearly 2 hours, so maybe that was a help in their decision making for the adoption price. I agree, that prices in adopting are sometimes higher, but it is all for a good cause.... I just thought at first you meant $200 for one, now that would of been a wee high, but still worth it
Good Luck

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

I agree Kim... 200 would STILL be worth it (sounds crazy huh?!?) I am hoping that maybe once we get there things will change... 2 for 1 would be cool lol I would feel too greedy to ask for something like that though, BUT if she offers... heh.

I thought about bring our 3 with us too... but my carrier isn't big enough for 4 (or 5) ferrets to come back home... (good reason to buy a new carrier huh?)

Well... you KNOW I will be on here immediately when I get home to tell you what the out come is... she IS going to bring BOTH girls so we can "choose" (gee makes em sound like a possesion )
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 01:04 PM
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

wow. I have never liked ferrets but that silver one is gorgeous! That's some awesome coloring!

Alicyn

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Adolescent Pup

Well, I am no help here I would have to get both. I am so bad about that. :o Will they let you foster the one you can't get right now? Just until you can get it? Some shelters love to get foster help. I wish I had some extra Dollars to send ya. I think they are both cute, But I know how much you want a WHITE one...... Good luck!!

Pam and the crew
Izzy - St. Bernard
Selena - Chihuahua
Lily - Aussie Shepard/Brittney Spainel
Hershey Kisses - Basset Hound
Jazmen- Basset Hound
Hannah - Great Dane
Prissy - Ball Python
Sheba - Ball Python
George - Ferret

Waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge.
Hank - Long Hair Dachshund
Lil' Bit - St. Bernard
Namoi - cat
Major - cat
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 02:00 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

aww both are cute! I can understand not being able to afford it, maybe go with personality!