Angora ferret - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Angora ferret

Found this pic in my email, these ferrets sure look different lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

oops here it is
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 01:52 AM
ChinTopia

WOW AMAZING!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 01:54 AM
Proud New Mommy

woah....weird

kool though, very neat looking

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 01:58 AM
ChinTopia

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 09:10 AM

I've met a few ppl who own angoras. They do have hair hanging out of their nose *gag* LOL
I do know most of them have said angoras have a very different personality than other ferrets. They seem to be much more high strung and "mouthier". I know of several who have said that theirs nipped way more than their others.
I've been in Marc's store a number of times and they just look like ferrets with bed head LOL
And unfortunately, there have been claims made that angoras do not suffer the same illnesses as average ferrets do, such as adrenal disease or insulinoma. There is no scientific proof of this and these ferrets have not been around long enough to see any real trends in their health.
Angoras are pretty expensive. I thought privately bred ones were expensive, but then I saw the price on angoras. They start at $400+; the price can be much higher...it all depends on where you are in terms of shipping distance.
They are neat to look at, but they require a bit of extra grooming and I would think would have more of a prob w/ ingested fur during shedding season--which increases their chances of developing a hairball(which can cause a blockage)
They also aren't accepted in championship rings at ferret shows here in the US--they are considered a diversion from the breed.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Yes I am also on canadian exotics, was it you that posted that pic. I just found them so odd looking and thought the people here would like to see it
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by a Guest
It's a KITTY! LOL!
That what my first thought too. LOL They both are very cute. I never knew there were Angora ferrets, til I seen this post.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 01:19 PM

Somebody get those boys a brush!! LOL
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 07:45 PM

That is too cute!

Tags
adrenal disease