A bed time??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

A bed time???

I like to put my ferrets to bed at about 10:30 pm..even though we stay up later. My bf thinks I'm absolutely nuts for doing it cuz they wake up and look at us and he figures they're awake so lets let them out but I like him to keep them in there. Is that like totally weird? I just think that if they have a scheduled bedtime like a kid they'll get their hours of sleep and be used to our schedule and not either up too early and going crazy or sleeping when we're ready to play. Just wondering if I"m weird or if other people do that too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 11:07 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I don't think it sounds bad at all. It probably is better for them to be on schedule. I don't know too much about ferrets but I don't think that hurts them any.

*Brandy*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Playful Pup

Red face Ferret Bedtime?

Hi! I have 4 little "Beasties" and I wish I had as much ability to let them out as you. With the dogs and cats and humans it gets crazy. But let me tell you, your bf is right. Ferrets need AS MUCH out-time as possible. :blob2:

Plus, they are nocturnal so their natural instinct is to be up at night. Ferrets sleep 18-20 hours out of the day, so I say, if they're up- let em out! I'm printing this out for myself as a reminder to me and my bf to let ours out tonite!

Melissa :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

Our ferrets are out from about 2 or 3-10:30..most nights they put themselves in their cage before it's even 10:30 so I just decided that 10:30 was a good time for "night night time" Ferrets actually aren't nocturnal..most people think so but they aren't. They get plenty of play time..so no one thinks I"m a horrible ferret mom. Sometimes in the morning even they are out. I don't have class til 1 today and I've been up since 10 so they're out that whole time..and my bf gets home at 12:30 and he'll let them out. So I guess it all depends on the day and when we're home from class that determines how much play time they have. I just wanted to clear all that up so you didn't think that they're in their cage all day long.