chew proofing cord product.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

chew proofing cord product..

i went to the petstore today and happened to stumble upon a new product which i personally have not ever seen....it was a Marshall ferret product which was a clear, relatively soft, plastic covering that was infused with citrus to prevent animals such as ferets and rabbits from chewing cords....i was tempted but i thought this was uderly ridiculous

what do you think? worth a try?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

I have no idea...first I heard of it.
Hope someone with experience comes along soon to give some feedback =]

Buster (my rabbit) isn't that much of a chewer,except for on his toys.
(which he can chew thats what I bought them for hehe)
But as always,I'm open to new products if the feedback is good.

Rabbits & ferrets are quite curious,so I'd never rule out the possibilty that he might try to chew a wire someday (they are out of his reach,but still,better safe than sorry.)

Thanks for bringing something new to my attention .

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

For what animal, Skrat?

Chew-proof wire sleeves are pretty common in the ferret world.

For ferrets who love chewing rubbery things, it's a great deterrent. For non-carnivorous animals such as rabbits and rodents, which have teeth that are configured for gnawing and wittling away slowly at things, this would probably not be a very effective product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Is that the one that's bad tasting or smelling? I bought that a while back for my rabbits. Then one day Sakura chewed through the coverings and bit three wires. Thankfully she was ok . But I did have to replace my lamp and $80+ worth of aquarium equipment.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Eek
Thats not the greatest thing in the world (for rabbit keepers) hehe

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Zeus is a wire chewer, so I bought the clear wire protector things from a place online. I don't think the citris flavor really detures Zeus, but I also bought some of that Ickey or Yuckey or whatever the heck it's called spray, that stuff is nasty! I can't stand that stuff let alone Zeus. Just a couple of sprays of that on the wire and no one wants to go near them, lol.

But anyways, I got the clear cover mostly to give the wires a little more protection. That way, he has more to chew through before he gets to the actual wire, lol. But he's been leaving them alone now so that's good.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

i wondered if that wire cover stuff would work for my rodents..then i thought that cant be able to deter them...but i saw rabbits...so i thought...hmm maybe

thats neat how it can deter ferrets, i figured they wouldnt be stopped by some citrus and plastic

either way i didnt get it..i use Fooey spray and if you spray TONS of that stuff on wires they seem to leave it alone

thanks for the help guys

i will hold you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

BAXTER- January 30, 2007

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami
Is that the one that's bad tasting or smelling? I bought that a while back for my rabbits. Then one day Sakura chewed through the coverings and bit three wires. Thankfully she was ok . But I did have to replace my lamp and $80+ worth of aquarium equipment.
yep i know exactly what you mean, i had to replace some aquatic lamps of that value in the past

i will hold you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

BAXTER- January 30, 2007

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Fooey, that's what it's called!

That stuff works good, but it's nasty! I have to be careful when I'm spraying it and make sure all the doors and windows are open because if I accidently breath it in then that's all I can taste for the rest of the day. And I have to be careful and not touch any wires that it's on, because then it gets on my hands and once I didn't relize and wash it off, then ate a cracker, and it tasted like that...eww

Last edited by Dragonrain; 06-30-2007 at 11:44 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrain
Fooey, that's what it's called!

That stuff works good, but it's nasty! I have to be careful when I'm spraying it and make sure all the doors and windows are open because if I accidently breath it in then that's all I can taste for the rest of the day. And I have to be careful and not touch any wires that it's on, because then it gets on my hands and once I didn't relize and wash it off, then ate a cracker, and it tasted like that...eww

LOL....i have inhaled that stuff....oh my gosh it makes me gag...yet my rat will have that stuff on her from touching those no no areas....its the best stuff that i have found thus far

i will hold you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

BAXTER- January 30, 2007

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 01:45 PM
rae
Adolescent Pup

hey my friend whose got house rabbits swears by pepper or vinegar aparantly rabbit detest smell havent tried with my goos probably wouldnt care the more they know they shouldnt be ther the more they go, dont know if it harms animal as its natural i just think they dont like it,rae

Tags
house rabbit, house rabbits